CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Newbie Warrior

redlepton Views: 3,885
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 117,590

Re: Newbie Warrior

Omniguy,

I used to have blood Sugar problems as well. When I was in my teens and 20's, I ate HUGE amounts of food in order to gain weight. I was always tired, but never realized there was anything wrong with me, physically.

When I was pregnant with my first child, I developed gestational diabetes. I was so bad off that I would litterally put my head down on my desk at work every morning and pass out/take a nap. A few times I would get to work not even remembering the drive in. I called the nurse and they told me I probably had low blood Sugar and that I should eat more! Until I tested + for gestational diabetes.

A normal woman's blood Sugar generally returns to normal a few weeks or so after birth, but 6-months post-partum, I still had a fasting blood sugar over 110, which is considered "pre-diabetes".

Well, I have mostly corrected the way I eat, and the last time I checked my blood sugar in the morning, it was 85; that was almost a year ago.

I have been doing this Warrior diet for a few weeks now. I find that I actually do better having a little fruit during the day, as I tried totally fasting all morning and was just too hungry. I was doing some raw honey for a few days in the morning, but that was too much sugar for me.

I also found that eating so much at night was making me extremely exhausted, so I have returned to a more raw nightly meal with veggies, seeds, nuts and/or raw eggs and salmon. I feel good now.

Do you have a blood sugar monitor? If you are going to experiment with different diets and such and are worried about your sugar level, it may be worthwhile to get one. If you keep checking the advertisement flyers for drugstores like walgreens and cvs and such, you will eventually find a coupon to get a free monitor if you purchase a certain number of test strips, or drugstore.com may have a good deal on one. The one I have in called OneTouch Ultra, which uses just a tiny drop of blood which you can take from your finger or arm. I've had it for 4 years or so; there may be better ones on the market now. I think I paid about $50 for 50 test strips and the monitor was free with it. Your medical insurance may even pay for the test strips, then you would need to buy some lancettes, which are not very expensive but for some reason aren't usually covered by insurance (I guess they want you to use a rusty needle so they can tell you to get a tetanus shot as well). Since you seem to have been through some testing already from an MD, he/she should write you a prescription if you want to be reimbursed, but you don't need a prescription to buy the stuff if you are going to pay out-of pocket.

Tina.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (2)