CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Am I destined to DIE?

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Make your own Organic, Tasty, and Effective, Fluorid...

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Make your own Organic, Tasty, and Effective, Fluorid...

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
sandover Views: 9,067
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 853,443

Re: Am I destined to DIE?

Hi, A.H. --

I am sorry you are feeling so hopeless, but glad that you found the OP forum -- it's really a simple and great therapy, and a good introduction to cleansing and detox in general. And this forum is really a wonderful place of which to feel a part, which is so helpful when one is feeling like life is not an easy experience. Please stick around, try OP, and join us -- you will find a lot of humor and support, and when you can pass on your knowledge and experience to others, you'll really feel better!

My advice to anyone who feels as despondent as you sound in your post is to treat the spiritual, because the mental and physical will follow. It really has to be in that order of priority -- you can develop goals for cleansing, detox, diet, etc. that can make you feel better, but it is really the fundamental shift that will occur when you start to make connections to God/a higher power/the universe/whatever you call it, through service to others, that will allow everything else in your life -- your relationship to food, your health, your work, your relationships with people, etc. -- to fall into place.

Nothing else is going to make a difference until you do this. There are lots of people in this world -- indeed, right here at Curezone -- who think that the right diet, the right supplements/vitamins, the right therapies, the right amount of exercise, etc. will make them OK. But you can't treat the spiritual by treating the physical -- if you have been bulimic, lost a hundred pounds, been unhappy -- well, you know, then, that solving a weight problem isn't what makes you feel OK.

There are also lots of people who may suggest treating the mental -- in my experience, if you go to a counselor or therapist, and try to come up with a story to support why you feel as bad as you do, it's just going to obscure the underlying problem -- the essential malady, which is lack of connection to others through service. Period. I see people do this all the time when they try to stop drinking/using drugs (where a lot of the same stuff exists as does around food) -- they are supported by a professional in logic like, "Well of COURSE I tried to drink my way to happiness -- if you had the childhood I did, you'd be drunk all the time, too!" Then, feelings like this are encouraged and validated by the group or therapist, and the person never gets the simple tools they need to move beyond the limited perspective in which they are therefore even more stuck, and into a place where they can experience real relief.

No book or concomitant success will help you feel better in and of itself. My dad was a writer, I am a writer, and I grew up around and know some some really prolific and bestselling authors, and the only ones I know who are really happy in general are the ones who were OK to begin with. Otherwise it's a hard and ego-driven world -- the publishing industry, the criticism mill, and plunging book sales combine to make writers some of the most unhappy people around! My dear friend Andrew SOlomon wrote a book several years ago on Depression which was a huge bestseller, got a lot of critical acclaim, and won the National Book Award -- it did not, however, solve his depression! (cf. "The Noonday Demon: An Atlas of Depression" -- Scribner's, 2001)

You have the perfect solution to your troubles in your own e-mail -- asking God to relieve you of your difficulties. Why doesn't this seem to have worked for you so far? Probably you need to do a little work to clear up what is blocking you from your higher power. Try asking for help not for you, but so that you can better be of service to others. Try only asking that everything that troubles you be taken away so that you can be helpful and kind to the people in your path each day. It sounds simplistic, but it has worked for many. Where everything else has failed.

A good first step you could really accomplish with OP -- try the process, which you will see outlined at
http://www.oilpulling.com.
Use the OP time to meditate on getting back to that place or part of you that you cherish -- I was struck by your comment about being funny, because I got to that point, too -- where I felt like my "light" had just gone out for good! But you can ask for that to be restored, and it's a great place to start, because God always shows up in humor.

Please keep us posted as to how you are, and share your OP experience. There are so many here who will help you and make you feel a part of this wonderful community! I am so glad you found this forum.

Laura

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  curezone.org

0.150 sec, (3)