CureZone   Log On   Join
explanation

supersport Views: 3,818
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 275,853

explanation

Let me just follow this up with WHY Christians are so happy. There IS a logical reason! Before I was saved I had a conversation with my neighbor who is a Christian. It went something like this:

Scott: Why are you alive?

SS: Because I was born 38 years ago and havent died yet

Scott: Did you have anything to do with your birth

SS: No...except that I was there

Scott: Do you plan on having anything to do with your death?

SS: No

Scott: Then as far as you're concerned, your birth was an accident and your death will be an accident.

SS: Yea I suppose

Scott: Then I know what you are: You're an accident suspended between accidents.

Many people believe there is no God behind their birth who has plans for them and wants to spend eternity with them. Therefore they're faced with the prospect of having no real point to their existence. They must either sink into despair as a result, or do something -- ANYTHING -- that will help them divert their attention so not to think about it. ie Politics, Vegetarianism, Women's rights etc.

But the thing is, this way of life does not only refer to atheists. It also can describe the way of life adopted by church people who give lip service to God but don't feel it necessary to regard God as God. The whole concept of God assumes that He is Supreme, that He's the Greatest of all. But it's easy (as I can attest) to acknowledge that God is "Supreme" and the "Greatest" and yet refuse to give Him supreme place in one's life.

So you can be atheist, Baptist, Methodist -- or any other 'ist' -- and still be unfulfilled if you do not simply acknowledge that God is supreme in your life. The result is almost always unhappiness, unfulfillment, or inner turmoil.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.492 sec, (1)