CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Chronic scalp folliculitis

mitch1 Views: 83,690
Published: 12 y

This is a reply to # 1,897,332

Re: Chronic scalp folliculitis

I'm not sure if it's caused by the same as what caused mine but I think mine started as a bacterial infection, and the problem is on your head it is incredibly hard to get rid of. My folliculitus gives me a lot of redness, some small pimples and some very annoying large boils which contain a lot of horrible yellow pus, and it also resulted in hair loss in the affected areas. My doctor prescribed me Antibiotics which seems like the norm, and as I work in the dental industry I asked if a chlorhexidine solution may help, (it's whats in corsodyl mouthrinse), he said no harm in trying. Anyway he prescribed me a 4% solution of chlorhexidine to use as and when needed. So I had Antibiotics , a chlorhexidine liquid, and I started using Head and Shoulders shampoo morning and night because I read the zinc ingredient helped. I also made a very concious effort to refrain from any itching or scratching, as well as changing my pillow case every other night (turning each night though). Anyway after 4 weeks of Antibiotics and continuing use of the chlorhexidine and shampoo my head has changed dramatically, my hair has grown or is growing back, it's no longer red or sore. I was applying the chlorhexidine twice a day using cotton pads, and I am now applying once every other day and massaging into my scalp rather than the pads. One thing I think has really helped is using it after I have my hair cut as you never know how much bacteria gets on your scalp after the barbers, and I keep my hair short so application of the chlorhexidine is easy. I have never posted on a forum concerning this and only do now as the condition really got me down, I began to get self concious, it hurt when I slept etc and after reading what seems like thousands of forum posts, I haven't really seen chlorhexidine recommended. I sincerely hope this helps at least one person who reads it as I know exactly what it feels like to suffer with this horrible affliction.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.113 sec, (1)