CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Chronic scalp folliculitis

LimeGreen Views: 81,312
Published: 12 y

This is a reply to # 1,891,683

Re: Chronic scalp folliculitis

Hey guys & girls. Unfortunately I don't have good news. My scalp is still "bombarded" on a regular basis and I will probably die with this on my head.

During my absence I have consulted with many university dermatologists and other "TOP" dermatologists online. Some of them state that this "chronic non-scarring folliculitis of the scalp" is an immunological disorder of unknown origin. They suggest that the best treatment is ultra-low dose isotretinoin [10mg/weekly] because the drug has immuno-modulatory effects.

There is no "permanent" cure and the disease will most likely come back upon the cessation of isotretinoin. There is literally no studies available online on this disease [I found one from 1979 and consulted with the author - he suggested tetracycline for 5-6 months untill remission, then repeat if it comes back].

But before I will start to take ultra-low dose isotretinoin till the rest of my life, I will:

- probably try oral anti-fungal [fluconazole or itraconazole]

- check my Vitamin D & Calcium status [very important for proper immune system function]

- remove my two dental amalgams

- supplement vitamin A for a few months [10,000 IU/daily]

@ Kayla, thanks for your suggestions. I'm packing myself with Omega-3's, Vitamin D, Zinc and niacinamide. I also think that [during many years of suffering] I tried every possible shampoo available with miserable results. But it's good to see that you stay positive, even though your scalp is bombarded as well [I know it's hard/impossible to do but try to not scratch them girl].

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.188 sec, (1)