CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Happy with cavitation surgery

PattiAnnT Views: 19,556
Published: 15 y

This is a reply to # 1,506,428

Re: Happy with cavitation surgery

I saw the oral/max surgeon who said IV Antibiotics for 6 to 12 weeks would be the way to go. So my M.D. spoke with him and an infectious disease doc and they put together a plan of attack. It was recommended that I use Invanz for 42 days. It's a newer Antibiotic that kills both gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria. Since we do not know exactly what bacteria is causing the osteomyelitis, it was the best choice.

I had a PICC line inserted two weeks ago and just finished having my 13th Invanz infusion. Only 29 more to go!!!!

I don't believe I am experiencing any side effects from the drug other than a little edema. The infection does not feel resolved yet, but I can tell it's not progressing.

I just need to get some energy back. The fatigue is almost unbearable. At least I'm sleeping better at night. Wish I could nap during the day.

Will keep you posted.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.188 sec, (1)