1. Rapid Heart Rate, often first noticeable about 4-6 am.
2. Sweating, trembling, and feeling hot.
3. High libido.
4. Rapid loss of weight and muscle strength.
5. Inability to exercise because of rapid heart rate.
6. Significant increase in heart rate when frightened which doesn't decrease as normal.
7. Itching or protruding eyes (beginning of TED, thyroid eye disease.
8. Inability to think clearly, or brain fog.
9. Psychiatric problems associated with the above symptoms.
10. Thyroid storms which are periods of severe rapid heart beat which makes you wonder if you're going to live or die.
PS If you (or others) have rapid heartbeat around 4-6 am I found an interesting link between the ithyroid-info and Olrees book; namely a mineral imbalanse that involves Cobalt (B12),chromium, copper-zinc ratio and more.
I myself had a couple of the symptoms above; when I was HYPO or borderline hypo; it started when I just about survived the tsunami in Thailand in 2004; the fright I felt and the stress around it caused a rapid heartbeat for months; and I always seemed to wake up 4-6 am with this pounding heart.
After Iodine I hardly ever have this rapid heartbeat at night; but when frightened my heart start pounding rapid and heavily and stay there for hours; so there is a trace left from this experience I probably will have forever.
IMO the isms seem to mix into each other and adrenals/STRESS of different kind (as infection) may be involved.