CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: need help with gas/flatulence - have leaky gut and mcs

jm9082 Views: 15,053
Published: 15 y

This is a reply to # 1,330,478

Re: need help with gas/flatulence - have leaky gut and mcs

For fiber right now...I usually have garbanzo beans in a salad at lunch and then after dinner I cook one-third cup of oat bran in one cup of water and mix with brown sugar, blueberries and a little butter. I think the oat bran provides about 5 gms fiber, partly soluble--partly insoluble. I do take a lot of omega 3's (flax and fish oil) and omega 6 ( evening primrose oil) though which I think is helping me stay so regular. I am actually having a little diarrhea now so I may have to cut back on the evening primrose oil. I think it is the problem. One good thing about diarrhea is no gas. However, I realize that's not good for me either. I do adjust how much fiber, oil, and water based on how much I eat that may constipate me. I wrote my whole story in detail on this forum "my journey to stopping flatulence and better health." It will give you details about my situation. I know the answers are different fior everyone, and I pray that you will find your answers.

As for the kefir, I don't know if your having a problem with acidophilus will make any difference. Kefir is a dairy product, but easier to digest like yogurt is. I think if you can take yogurt you'd also be able to have kefir, but I don't know for sure. The kefir is a fermented food--like yogurt. But I have read that it is better than yogurt because the good bacteria in it can actually colonize in your intestines. From what I've read, one of the problems with people with smelly gas has to do with the bacteria that inhabit your colon. Anyway, I used to drink whey protein which is a prebiotic-- whey is in yogurt. It helped a lot, but if you are prone to constipation it could be a problem...you have to drink lots of water when you are taking it.

Taking 25-30 extra grams of fiber at once is a huge jump. Hopefully if you just make small changes it will help. Let me know if you find anything that works for you.. Blessings!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.219 sec, (1)