So when a mother throws herself in front of a truck to save her child is that suicide too? No, that is sacrifice. Sacrificing your own life so SAVE someone else's. Suicide is the act of taking your own life just because you want to die. Your reasoning is ridiculous. I've listed the definition to both sacrifice and suicide...as you will see they are totally different.
1. The offering of anything to God, or to a god; consecratory
2. Anything consecrated and offered to God, or to a divinity;
an immolated victim, or an offering of any kind, laid upon
an altar, or otherwise presented in the way of religious
thanksgiving, atonement, or conciliation.
3. Destruction or surrender of anything for the sake of
something else; devotion of some desirable object in
behalf of a higher object, or to a claim deemed more
pressing; hence, also, the thing so devoted or given up;
as, the sacrifice of interest to pleasure, or of pleasure
1. The act of taking one's own life voluntary and intentionally; self-murder; specifically, the felonious killing of one's self; the deliberate and intentional destruction of one's own life by a person of years of discretion and of sound mind.
2. One guilty of self-murder; a felo-de-se.
3. Ruin of one's own interests.
As you can clearly see sacrifice involves selflessness, love and devotion. Suicide is a completely selfish, self-absorbed act in which a person is killing themselves for their own purpose. Suicide is meant to benefit only the suicidal person. Sacrifice is something done to benefit others. Wake up, grow up, something.....take your ridiculousness somewhere else.