CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: MY DOCTOR VERBALLLY ABUSED ME, What do I do?

2Health Views: 32,609
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 890,453

Re: MY DOCTOR VERBALLLY ABUSED ME, What do I do?

Hi Soulfulsurvivor,

Thank you for your reply and advice regarding my now FORMER Doctor's abusive behavior.

I called the Board of Medical Examiners/investigators and told them about what he did, and he said that he will "consider" investigating the Dr. for "unprofessional conduct". I don't know if they will or not, but he asked me for the Dr.'s supervisors phone number, so that is a good sign that some reprimand will be done.

I reluctantly spoke with an attorney specializing in medical malpractice, unethical conduct by a physician, etc. The attorney said that "unless something so severely happened that it would be on the news, then he could be sued, BUT since he didn't physically attack me, or threatening my life, no go.

That's OK, I just don't have the constitution to do anything further, I'm just trying to calm my nerves today and get over this trauma as fast as possible, STRESS KILLS.

I did request my insurance company to not process the claim for that appt. due to his "attacking me" and storming out in the middle of the appt. therefore my appointment wasn't completed. They said they would not process the claim when/if it arrives.

I also called billing at the doctors office and requested that they not submit a claim for that appt. and told her why, she was SHOCKED and was compassionate for me, and assured me she would not submit the claim, or bill me.

So...I guess that's all I can do...apparently it's alright and legal (not ethical) for any doctor to verbally abuse a patient as I was told by the attorney, he told me he has his first ammendment right to freedom of speech, even if it is loud, humiliating and abusive. OH WELL :(

So, at least I "did something" and feel empowered by having the strength to do it, even though nothing may be done, and he most likely will just get away with it.

I am attempting to forgive him, but having a hard time with that. I assume after I calm down, I will be able to forgive and get on with my life.

Thank you again, I so appreciate you guys! :)

2Health

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.188 sec, (1)