CureZone   Log On   Join
MY DOCTOR VERBALLLY ABUSED ME, What do I do?

2Health Views: 35,378
Published: 17 y

MY DOCTOR VERBALLLY ABUSED ME, What do I do?

I really need some advice on what do to...

Today I had a follow up appointment for my high cholesterol levels.

Everything was FINE, we laughed about a movie, he talked to me for a moment about diet and exercise...and he told me my glucose levels are in the range of diabetic but it is controlled.

THEN we were talking about a precription med that (I'm trying to get off, but he doesn't know that) he was getting aggrivated because has always had great difficulty working a computer due to his dyslexia.

He said "you have two prescription for the same med, I then said, I asked your nurse to call in the script to another pharmacy becaue it was 5 times cheaper and I cancelled the other one, so I don't have 2 available. Then I said "It doesn't matter"

THEN HE YELLED AT ME and said "YES IT DOES MATTER I COULD BE HELD LIABLE FOR THIS" Not my fault, his nurse called in two at two different pharmacy without cancelling one herself. I'm just the patient, Yes?

I was shocked at his rage, and said very calmly, and shyling, "I don't know"

THEN HE SAID LOUDLY AND IN MY FACE!!! "THAT'S IT!! I'M NOT SEEING YOU AGAIN"

Whattttt!!!!

I just said calmly "good" (but I was extremely SHOCKED and started to panic)

Then as we walked out and in front of some medical people (emabarrassingly for me) he said "I'M TRANSFERRING YOUR FILE!! (to who, he just fired me for saying "it doesn't matter" in a calm voice.

His nurse was right there when he went into this rage, and he continued to speak loudly at me, but I was going into a panic that I could not hear his words, is that a protective mechanism??

I then asked a nurse for a formal complain and filled it out...I had a gynocological appointment next at the same place, and I told her about what he said/did.

It turns out the gyno that I saw next is his supervisor (Thank God) and she said he has been a raging maniac for a couple of days, and he has ADD and she spoke witih him about rage before.

She said she definately will have a meeting with him about this, she return my co-payment for the appointment with him due to his verbal abuse toward me and my appointment that had just got started and I really didn't get to talk with him about low cholesterol diet and such. (not that I need him for that at all).

What should I do??? Who do I call to get his license revoked or suspended or can I even sue him for this, I could barely drive home I was so traumatized and embarrased.

I called my insurance company to NOT pay him when they receive the claim for this appointment and told them why. I need to call their billing person and tell them not to submit a claim for that appt. because I will not have my insurance company pay for me being abused along with 1/2 of an appointment.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2Health

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.113 sec, (2)