CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: The institutionalized church?

Corinthian Views: 2,718
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 775,565

Re: The institutionalized church?

I agree,  you may need better comprehension skills.  

The original post proposed that it is harder than ever today to discent with religious teachings.   I responded to this by highlighting the fact that over 2000 sects of christianity exist, thus proposing that in fact it is easier than ever to disagree with any particular institutionalized church.   Or even establish your own church based on your interpretations.   You no longer risk your life or property, the church from which you break from is no longer the controlling entitiy it was in earlier centuries.    So in fact I am responding very specifically to what was written, and thus by your measure I am being truthful, respectful and courteous.

Who are you to decide what is ungodly or not?  You are forcing your own ideas of what is godly or not. 
The very thing you decry of others.  Hypocrisy.   Mathematics, statistics, geography is not ungodly.

Since the scripture were written in a language, that language must first be interpreted.   And for most of you who read the scripture it must 1) Interpreted in its original language 2) Translated to a language you understand 3) Read and again interpreted by the reader 4) The reader must then come to a decision of what they believe they understood from the passage.

The bible should indeed be read like a book of fiction, it is a mixture the fictional, traditional and historical, written to persuade the readers to a particular point of view.   It is filled with metaphors, allegories, fables .... it requires deep interpretation and skepticism.

By blindly following this idea that the bible must be understood, rather than interpreted you resign yourselft to intellectual and spiritual stagnation.  Forever stuck in a rut, incapable of condering other points of views, as such you prevent yourself from ever learning any truth.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.266 sec, (2)