CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: What is an institutionalized church? n/m

healme Views: 2,760
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 774,368

Re: What is an institutionalized church? n/m

Someone else here might be able to answer it better because I am going to be speaking from my understanding on this issue. I didn't use to think of it as institutionalized until I saw how many practices are unlike the Word of God. Such as, a one man show ( pastor) one of the 5 fold ministries of the church, along with the evangelist, apostle, prophet and teacher who you never hear about unless by chance someone comes to your church once in a blue moon. But the 5 fold ministry is to build up the church for the work of the ministry. Too many people are just sitting on the pew not knowing what they are called to do ,so week after week they just sit and listen to a one man show give a message. I am not opposed to a pastor giving a message or anything like that but there is more than just this. Some pastors aren't even willing to share the pulpit. Reminds me toooo much of ROME. I church is not a church unless you have a building , steeple etc... THis is not true or scriptual. THe early church met in houses for crying out loud. Most say in the church today that they did this because they were being persecuted. Jesus said the righteous would be persecuted, that means everyone who serves him. So if that is the only reason they didn't build a big temple then where does that leave us today? I am not against church buildings at all. THat is fine if we meet in a building but I am against the idea a body can't be constituted as the church unless they have this building. Thats my main point here on this.From my understanding the one man show also came from the remnants of Rome passed down and the steeples etc... Another thing I see in many churches that is not scriptual is Board members vs. elders who by the way should be able to teach also. Deacons to help with the needy, many deacons today just take up the offering and make sure the lawn is cut among other duties in the building. If these offices aren't even doing what they are called to do scriptually then no wonder the flock doesn't know what to do. The gifts are another subject. Some denominations don't even believe in some of the gifts recorded in scripture. We send alot of money to missionaries to promote the gospel ( which is a good thing) but we don't evangelized the city and community around us. Some churches may do this I applaud them but many do not.We are all called to share and spread the good news. Prayer is another area. We have our little introduction prayer and ending service prayer and some churches dont' even have that. Little importance is placed on this in many churches. THe word of God says " If me people who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land." 2 chronicles 7:14,. THis is only a few I know of many more but I long to be a part of a local church that is following the scriptures in word and in deed. The church is the Bride of Christ. The bride will be in agreement with the bridegroom so sometimes I don't even feel right about calling it a institutionalized (church if it doesn't follow the after the teachings of the bridegroom. Some think Rome is mystery babylon and that anything of the unbiblical teachings of rome that have spawn from that seed is taking part in this babylon in which GOd says " COme out of her.": I am not sure this is true but the thought makes sense. We need to pray for discernment be alert, awake and not exchange the truth for a lie.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (2)