CureZone   Log On   Join
Is there a support group for young people getting dentures?

Views: 76,311
Published: 19 y

Is there a support group for young people getting dentures?

Hi,
I was just wondering if there was a support group for young people that have to get dentures. I'm 35 and I have to get dentures soon because there is no other alternatives. In fact I should have gotten the work done months ago, but the thought of having all of my teeth pulled out, even though I have one missing in front, has been traumatic for me, a life changing event to where I keep going into Depression in regards to it and keep delaying the inevitable. It would be nice to have a support forum to talk to other young people who have had this done, and be able to provide tips and support on how they got through it, plus for everyone supporting each other.

In short, I just wanted someone to talk to about my situation, and thought that maybe others going through this would like to also. For me, I'm fine as long as I stay home (which is almost 24/7), and I don't think about it, or look in the mirror at all. Basically I have litterally hid myself from the world because of this. When I do think about it, I almost want to cry, because for one, no one is going to want a 30 some yr old woman for a girlfriend who takes out her teeth at night. Plus the fact that you can tell just by looking at their facial structure. Least I can, I have a friend who has his uppers gone, and you can tell when his teeth are out, but he is also male, so it is a bit different because of our society's viewpoints.

Anyway.. thanks. :)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (1)