CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Is there a support group for young people getting dentures?

meminusme Views: 66,860
Published: 16 y

This is a reply to # 1,193,709

Re: Is there a support group for young people getting dentures?

I am a 33 yr. old woman, and I totally understand your situation. 1 year ago I went to a dentist and found out that I had waited too long to fix my teeth. All my friends told me if I would just suck it up and go to the dentist, I'd be fine. Well, you are never fine when they close the door and begin to explain what Dentures are. Cut to one year later, and I am fine. I will not lie, it took some time to get used to...eating, talking...kissing. But I've started to figure it out. My husband of 3 years is also very supportive, so that helps. I'm now looking down the barrel of having my "uppers" extracted. I keep putting it off, but I know it needs to be done, yesterday.
Stay strong and I hope the knowledge that someone else "gets" you. When I went through my ordeal, all they could tell me was they did the same operation on one other person my age.....but he was a meth head!!!!!!!!!!!! That crushed my spirit. E-mail me if you every need a friend. victrolav@yahoo.com

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.234 sec, (1)