CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: McDonalds???

redlepton Views: 2,986
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 365,253

Re: McDonalds???

I don't think the people here on this forum mean to imply that you are intentionally eating junkfood all the time.

You say -
"We can't live where we can cook wholesome, mineral enriched, vitamine enriched foods every night. I'd like to, but it isn't feesible. So, I HAVE to deal with what is. Not what I'd like it to be. We do our best."

I understand your dilemma. You must do the best you can while maintaining your sanity.

You must understand that to many of the people who are responding to your posts, the italian and chinese foods ARE junk foods. Eating out, even once a week IS too often.

Eating fast food, such as McDonals and Wendy's "once in a while", in my opinion, will not kill you, though that food IS full of toxins. For example, ancient kings used to administer themselves with small amounts of poison so that they would be immune, in case an enemy tried to kill them via that method, they would survive. However, "once in a while" is a relative term.

I used to eat a diet of mostly wheat and dairy, with a lot of whole grains and some fruits and veggies and I thought I ate very healthily.

Now, I eat mostly friuts and veggies and nuts/seeds. I occasionally eat some whole grains and, rarely, eat refined/prepared foods. I now think my diet needs a lot of improvement. I have known and still know people who are "health food" eaters who think they are eating very healthy (I used to be one of them!). They are considered to be extremely healthy by the SADers that I know, but even these people still eat out at least once a week. I am considered extreme and ridiculous even by their standards, though I now know I don't eat as healthy as I should. The last time I ate fast food was a nachos supreme without meat at taco bell; I could not keep it down and vomited a few hours after I ate it.

If you don't believe that your diet is unhealthy (though you admit to eating a lot of prepared foods), then you have not undergone the mental transformation that many people here are referring to. Also, your insistence on the swedish bitters denotes a somewhat allopathic midset, i.e. looking for the "magic bullet cure".

My advice via diet change is:
Throw away the microwave
Remove all chips, sugary cereals, junky snacks from the house.
Have fresh fruit in the house at all times.
Get some nuts and a good nutcracker.
Get a citrus juicer (preferably glass or ceramic - available at almost any dollar store)
Get a cheap coffee grinder and some flax and sesame seeds. You can grind the seeds and use them as a dip for apple slices, or put them in a blender with water and dates/honey or agave nectar (and fruit if desired) to make seed milk.

For breakfast -
Fruit or fresh-squeesed OJ
Nuts (best if you have soaked them the night before, but macademias are great fresh from the shell)

For cooked meals -
Buy a rice steamer and some organic, brown rice. You can steam some a few cups of rice and keep it in the fridge for when you need it.
Get some cast iron or stainless steel pots.
For dinner, when you don't have time to "cook a wholesome meal", throw some brown rice in a pot with a little water and heat it up for 5-10 minutes.
You can top this with some lightly steamed veggies (rice steamers usually come with a steaming basket), or lightly sauteed veggies with garlic, and some healthy oil and Sea Salt .
An alternative to rice is buckwheat noodles, available in the asian section of the grocery store (buckwheat is gluten-free).
These dinner suggestions take less than 20 minutes to prepare and cook:-)

For school lunches -
bottle of water
fresh fruit (example - pineapple chunks, cherry tomatoes, peach, berries)
vegetable (example - cucumbers or snow peas sliced with olive oil, raw apple cider vinegar and Sea Salt )
"filler" (example - hummus with brown rice crackers, or raw almond butter and all-fruit on whole grain bread, or nori rolls-mix miso and sesame oil and spread on the nori, then put "sweet brown" rice mixed with a little brown rice vinegar)

Once you get the hang of it, you will be surprised at how little time it actually takes to prepare and eat healthy food.
And, if there is no junk food in the house, you/your son will not be tempted to eat it.

Also, maybe buy an air-popper and some organic popcorn. If you get the munchies for cooked food, pop some corn and add some healthy oil and Sea Salt .

Try to minimize dairy, gluten, and meat (unless it is free-range/grassfed organic) and maximize raw foods and omega-3 fats.

Good Luck,
Tina.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.172 sec, (3)