CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Can't detect any BAD smells but it seems others can. Anyone else relate?

Anon123455 Views: 33,671
Published: 8 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,250,331

Re: Can't detect any BAD smells but it seems others can. Anyone else relate?

I have a similar issue. I've had my issue since middle school, kids who sat behind me would laugh and giggle. At first, I didn't know what was going on. I was being ostrosized from the rest of the kids, and I being an introvert was fine with it. However, one day I started to see people coughing, rubbing their nose, and glaring at me like I'd done something wrong. How was I supposed to know I smelled bad?!
Over the years I've tried to find a cure, but it's REALLY hard when people won't tell you the truth. I can't tell you the amount of times I've pulled someone aside and asked them if I smelled bad. And they look at me surprised and say "what smell? I don't smell anything? If you see someone coughing or rubbing their nose it's most likely allergies, dry air, or paper dust" I always get ^ that type of response. SO WHY DOES IT ONLY HAPPEN WHEN I SIT AROUND YOU?! Is what I want to scream, but I just give up. I guess for that moment I really want to believe I smell "normal." People cough and briskly walk by me and I feel defeated like, I'm not worth being honest to. I also don't understand why the smell only seems to manifest when I'm paranoid.
Also, I have been to several doctors, had an MRI and a CAT SCAN, a sleeping test...urg therapy...but all told me the same thing, nothing. I have now started smelling a foul odor myself, but I don't know if it's just an olophactory halusenation or if I've finally picked up on the scent...that would be awful because it smells really bad. However even when I smell it, no one else will admit they smell it too. So maybe I'm crazy, but I don't think people would be acting this way if I were.
In addition, I think I should state I have had a history of: chronic constipation, depression, ADHD, and social anxiety...go figure.
I haven't been able to fix this I'm 25 female 120 lbs 5,6' I don't care what clothes I wear as long as their clean, I wear men's deodorant (I like the smell and it doesn't sour like womens deodorant does, same with colone). I brush and floss twice a day and shower everyday, wash my hair every other day. My eating habits are constantly in flux I go from eating mcdonalds one day to eating two balance bars the next day.
I've also seen people posting about Coulin clenses, and pro biotics I haven't tried any of those yet because I've been convince/told since I was 15 it was all in my head. It's nice to know I'm not alone, and that there is still more to try to fix this.i can at least be a little hopeful now. I just started a new job (a desk job) and it's been Hell! I don't think people in every corner of my life would be teasing me about the SAME thing unless there was some truth there. I'm not crazy I have a problem, I will do my damness to be normal, but I don't expect any miracles :/

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.234 sec, (2)