CureZone   Log On   Join
Can't detect any BAD smells but it seems others can. Anyone else relate?

Views: 97,015
Published: 14 y

Can't detect any BAD smells but it seems others can. Anyone else relate?

It seems that I am offending my coworkers with a nasty smell from me I just can not detect. Actually, I can smell myself but it's that of my laundry detergent and shampoo, which is subtle enough not to disturb, at least i think so.

Thinking it was my perfume that was causing all this fuss, I stopped wearing it altogether (even though some of my coworkers bathe in it). Unfortunately their reactions had gotten worse.

I am, like all you in this forum, very hygienic. I take two showers daily and wear anti-perspirant, clothes are washed regularly. My work clothes, after a long day work, still smells fresh. My diet is balanced and I rarely eat red meat. I brush, floss, gargle Listerine twice a day, I don't suspect it to be a problem with bad breath. I do a #2 every day if not every second day, there isn't a strong smell and it looks regular, no blood or other abnormal thing. If it's any use, I am 22, female, 5'4 and 108lbs and a virgin.

Lately, especially today, I have been getting some extremely obvious, in-your-face reactions from my coworkers. They ALL do the same thing when they come around to my area. Their breathing becomes heavy and very audible, most will expel air through their noses quite loudly (which is irritating enough as it is), many will actually cover their noses as they quickly walk by me and they daren't come near me. In fact, some will put in the effort to take the long way around just to avoid stinky me. Today, in our Friday group meeting I actually heard four of them mutter to themselves that something smells like shit. They all looked straight at me while they were saying this which makes me wonder.... It was incredibly embarrassing.

In my paranoia, I went to the bathroom to check if everything was fine. Honestly, I couldn't smell a thing other than the light smell of detergent that was still lingering on my clothes. I hardly sweat. I wash my genitals and rectum very very thoroughly and there isn't a hint of any offending odours. I have a very keen sense of smell and I can pick up many subtle scents but I just can not understand why people are implying that I smell like fecal matter, it's unbelievably humiliating. I hardly think I am being paranoid. I believe my coworkers, they seem to be honest people and I definitely aren't doing this for the sake of their amusement, I am most positively bothering them with some kind of fecal odour.

I took the courage to ask my mum about this and she said she couldn't smell anything other than my lotion.
I also went to three GPS and a dermatologist regarding this matter and because I had a history of depression, my family GP thought I should go see my psychiatrist again which felt like a slap in the face. I'm sure most of you people have been to the GPs and were told similar things.

Could I be completely immune to this smell or could my perception on what smells ok be so out of whack? I try to hold my head up high and ignore the cruel things my coworkers do/say but it really is demoralizing and the thought consumes my mind that it's becoming hard to concentrate on my work. In a way, I wish I could actually smell it for myself because I feel like I'm losing my mind.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.156 sec, (2)