CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Help me get rid of scabies

ophelia Panera Views: 38,975
Published: 9 y

This is a reply to # 1,064,422

Re: Help me get rid of scabies

I got scabies about 5 weeks or so ago. I can't believe how hard they are to get rid of. I had thought I got rid of them and then one night about 2 weeks later, I got the itch again and within another few days, the bites and holes came. I was immediate with treating them again, but I was still getting about 4 or 5 new bites and bumps again. I've been super aggressive with them too. All I can think of is that I did originally kill all of the scabies, but apparently the eggs were untouched and then hatched a few weeks later which re-infested me. My washer and dryer are broken and I'm using the laund-ro-mat which could be where they came from originally and where I maybe got reinfested if not from the eggs. What really worked to heal them up the first time was flea shampoo which I showered with and scrubbed all the sores open with. I then was using lice shampoo at night, all over my body and leaving it on until morning. I then resorted to purchasing glycolic acid at a 70% online and would rub it over some affected areas and bumps. It really gets them, but they will sometimes jump away from it and dig into you in another area of your body. The acid is too strong to apply everywhere, so I was only able to use it on bumps. I remember rubbing it on the bumps on my shoulder and about 30 minutes later, one stabbed into me near the armpit. I had, had no activity that night so I think it just traveled from the shoulder to the armpit area. It does however, work to clear up many of the bumps and also can be used to treat the nasty purple scars when you're ready for that. So now that they have come back, the itch is just as bad as it was originally but I have a grip on the bumps and marks now because I know what they are and I hit them immediately. What I have discovered really works fast and knocks the itch out completely is a mixture of Sea Salt (a derm said salt kills them bc it dries them up and dries up the area where they feed), along with lavender essential oil (which is said to kill them) and olive oil. I also mixed in lice shampoo. I scrub the area, leave it on ten minutes and then rinse. Once the skin is thoroughly dry, apply Ret A 1%. If you can find it full strength, it knocks the crap out of this mite and fast. If not (as it is hard to find full strength) they sell it at spas, dermatologist and plastic surgeon offices which is diluted with a lotion. This makes it not so harsh to you and you can use it all over so the mite can't travel to
an other area. I also bought a sulfur mask 3.5% at Walgreens in the Acne section. I apply it to all new spots, the second I see them. I leave it on as long as I can and sometimes over night. I know that these mites can't go through clothing so at night, I am covered head to toe in clothes. I wear thick knee high socks and yoga pants, along with a long sleeve shirt should some of them be lurking in my bed. I do wash my bedding every couple days, but being that I have to go to the laundry mat, I can't really get there every day. I did go to Dollar General and buy some cheap sheets, since I do need several on hand to change my bed often when I can't wash sheets. They are under $20 for a Queen size set. Someone above said to apply sulfur lotion treatments immediately after the shower. I just want to correct that. You should wait 30 minutes after a shower or hot water treatment before applying anything because the lotions will absorb deeply when you're just out of a hot shower as your pores are open. Mites are just under the surface of the skin, so if you wait until your pores close more then you can apply the treatments and hit the mites. This is all the info I have which has helped me and which has not already been posted above by someone else. p.s. you can add borox to your laundry loads too.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.141 sec, (2)