CureZone   Log On   Join
Very timely thread

BalancedStep Views: 20,563
Published: 15 y

This is a reply to # 1,376,302

Very timely thread

This thread is so timely and I am too very grateful for the information that has been shared here , especially by unyquity - I have even send you a PM a while ago too, to thank you for another post here.....:-)

I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's and IBS in 1996 (turns out I really had gluten intolerance - self diagnosed in 2006). Thyroid meds helped some, but I was NEVER 100% and continued to suffer from lack of energy, despite eating healthy (mostly organic) and trying to get help from Naturopaths and their supplements.

Yes, I also had numerous hormonal imbalances, like a luteal phase dysfunction that would create an strogen/progesterone imbalance and ovarian cysts plus extremely heavy bleeding. I had hoped that the thyroid meds would eliminate that problem, but they never did, so I ended up having a partial hysterectomy after I also developed a huge cyst on my right ovary that would not go away.

I also thought switching to a gluten free diet would finally heal my gut - I guess, after reading more here, I was a bit too naive with this sort of thinking.....sigh

Over the years I have never taken a supplement after I could really tell, wow that REALLY helped me. I have another friend who's been dealing with thyroid issues and Chronic-Fatigue-Syndrome for a while and, as she puts it, has been up and down the supplement bunny trail numerous times, without much success. The only supplement that helped me the most ever was Vitex - it helped to control my PMS symptoms (mainly breast tenderness). It was the only think that effectively seemed to balance my hormones.

It is kinda ironic really because I always preach to my horse/animal clients that feeding as nature intended is usually best and I just placed a huge herb order for my horses, to be fed as "supplement" instead. I should take a hint for myself, eh?

I think I will now go and throw most of my supplements away, especially since they seem to again interfere with my recovery from the adrenal break down I had 4 weeks ago after taking too much Iodine too soon because I did not know what could happen ;-)

This forum has been a God send for me. I found it just when I needed the most help and I am very, very grateful that the powers of the universe made it happen.

Many blessings and good health to everyone here.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.172 sec, (2)