CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: I agree 110%! Re: Rambling thoughts about Echinacea...Re: "The non-supplement HEALING" & other thoughts +edit/end).Re: "the supplement tango" & other thoughts (+edits) - Re: Sensitive to supplements??

Palaecro Views: 20,692
Published: 15 y

This is a reply to # 1,374,484

Re: I agree 110%! Re: Rambling thoughts about Echinacea...Re: "The non-supplement HEALING" & other thoughts +edit/end).Re: "the supplement tango" & other thoughts (+edits) - Re: Sensitive to supplements??

I can relate to the original poster, I find some days ever since I really got hit hard with burnout that taking even a basic fish oil or b vitamin will completely set me off and make me hyperventilate. I'm not sure anymore if these are allergies or the adrenals inability to produce enough of the appropriate hormones that are required to break down and utilize these nutrients. Digestive stress of anykind is definitely an issue

Thanks for all your posts Unyquity, I love your writing style it's an easy read and highly informative.

What I really love is that you're also bringing up ND's and the use of excess supplements into the equation of this whole wrong approach to health. I should know I used to pop just under about 100 supplement pills per day, I'd pop them like candy. I carried a gym bag with me to work everyday that was stuffed with about 40 different supplement bottles of which I was OCD about and had to have in close proximity to at all times. Thankfully I switched the majority of supplements to powders, but it was still a lot. Even then I was still consuming roughly 25-30 different supplements per day.

Managing a health supplement store I just researched and learned about every supplement we sold and just figured because one thing is good then using another supplement especially if it's synergistic with the other must be better. I guess that was the thinking that got me into taking so much to begin with! I just felt for some reason that taking more must be best! lol. Well at the time at least I thought I was right for taking so many supplements, I mean at the time I felt great, mind you a large part was superfood supplements.

I eventually became burned out for other reasons (injuries, job stress,allergies). Now I realize that although some supplements definitely helped me it was simply a system overload and I'm certain it was part of the reason I crashed so hard, I had become far too reliant on all the supplements. They were probably partially covering up the real problems going on to some extent as well. I think in the end the biggest lesson for me was that the solution to health problems never is and never will be inside a pill, regardless of it being a supplement or not.

In the end though I completely agree with you, although certain supplements may help, an obsessive reliance upon them will only end you up in more trouble than you began by taking you further away from what nature intended. I learned first hand and now I'm left with over a hundred different supplement bottles and tinctures scattered throughout my house... of which I think I use about 4-5 regularly now :( ....

Moral of the story I guess is instead of supplements buy a Green Star Juicer ; )

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.090 sec, (2)