CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: --answer--Big Government--

evanluck Views: 2,115
Published: 15 y

This is a reply to # 1,345,494

Re: --answer--Big Government--

God gave us the Law of Moses. He also reached out to his people and attempted to rule them through his own designated leader Samuel. The people rejected God's leadership and asked for a King anyway.

God has always been trying to relate to his people personally. The people always look for substitutes.

Given this history, what should our relationship be with the government?

Should we give to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's? (Matt. 22:21)

To me this has looked like paying taxes, and following the laws of the land when they are not in conflict with God's law. I haven't ever voted. Mostly when I was younger out of laziness and self-absorption, but more recently it has been a conscious choice that was led by God.

I may be painting this in too black and white of terms but, my feeling is that the we should as our primary focus return to God and allow him to rule over us personally.

When we look to the Government to enforce the Law of Moses we are choosing the government as our god.

Teach the law and let God make the judgement...cause and effect. Make people aware of the consequence of their choices and when they ask for deliverance, point them to God.

When people's souls are sufficiently awaken through personal relationship with God, God will lead the change through his truth demonstrated in the lives of his people.

My main issue with the church is that most of them are not teaching people to relate to God personally. They instead build communities around a charismatic pastor or a set of doctrine. This subtle idolatry is rampant in the church. Enough church leaders will fall in the coming years that the consequences of what we have been doing will be made clear. When that happens people will be hungry and we must be prepared to point them to God and show them what it means to related to him personally and intimately.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.188 sec, (1)