CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: At the brink of .....HELP, please!!

Jen62 Views: 27,452
Published: 20 years ago

This is a reply to # 97,524

Re: At the brink of .....HELP, please!!

Hello Okidream,

I certainly hear you. It has to be the worst addiction to conquer. Alchoholics only have to detox one thing, gambler's one thing, cigarette smokers, probably over 2000 chemicals.

I do have some advice for you. There are now a few herbal remedies to help you quit. I found the West Lake Stop Smoking Tea to be very helpful, it has a good after taste, helps to detoxify and cut cravings. Yogi Ginger tea helps clear the mucous. Ayurvedic practitioners have used Ginger for years as a way of activating the body’s fire element (Agni), which burns up Ama (the body’s toxins, comprised of both undigested food and naturally occurring toxins). When Ama is decreased, the body gains strength, balance and harmony. As a natural warming energizer, Ginger is also known to support the immune system, promote rapid and complete digestion and increase intestinal tone and peristalsis.* Furthermore, it works as an antioxidant and has been shown to safely and effectively relieve nausea associated with motion.* Also check out their detox tea. http://www.yogitea.com/HealingFormulas/HealingFormulaTeas.asp?Tea_I...

Drinking lots of water is very important to flush all the toxins out of the body. I found that acupuncture worked without all of the stress, I just didn't even miss it. I believe it was the lobelia tincture that helped the nerves. I quit successfully for a year or more through acupuncture. Unfortunately with my Mom and my nephew dying, I went back to the bad habit and am having a hell of a time quitting again. I think I will have to go back to acupunture. I have also read that hypnosis works well for quitting and am tempted to try it.

Gotu kola is for mind and emotions. Epsom Salts in the bath will help detoxify. Organic Apple Cider Vinegar will detoxify, help insomnia, fatigue, coughs and asthma. http://www.lacetoleather.com/wonderdrug.html

Flaxseed oil will help. Also 1/2 tsp cream of tartar in 6 to 8 oz orange juice 1x a day leaches out nicotine. Oil of clove - with fingertips place a small amount of oil on the back of tongue each time you have a craving.

Well I hope something helps you. Hang in there, it is a long road but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck with your quitting, I will be joining you once again soon, I just have to get the courage up again. Perhaps when my stress level goes down I will have the strength to do it again. By the way, if you fail, don't worry, you will try again and will succeed one time. Just don't be too hard on yourself. Count the cigarettes you didn't smoke, once you get into the thousands you will pat yourself on the back and say, how could I take in that much smoke? Wow!

Jen

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.117 sec, (2)