CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Thank goodness! -- long post, sorry! My way

Locklo Views: 4,770
Published: 7 years ago

This is a reply to # 97,445

Re: Thank goodness! -- long post, sorry! My way

For me, it's how you define leverage.
I Know all I need to to know about how smoking will kill me. Hell, show me MY lungs and I won't quit... but this time around feels different because I Want Something Else More.

I'm pretty damn broke and I want music equipment. right now I have like .5% of the music equipment I want and can't afford the rest, but I'm a pack a day smoker.At $8 a pack in PA ($9 is coming soon.) I'm spending something like $140 a month on smokes. That's. $280 in two months. 420 in 3, 560 in 4, $700 in 5, and I can buy everything I want. If i break that up incrementally by the individual items then I have more reachable short term goals.

think of cigs as part of your taxes, and consider your net income as after cigarettes are deducted (it's an addiction. Its pretty much a bad choice tax.)
Don't quit just so you can spend that money. put in in a savings account or a jar... probably a saving account though. Just as long as you can keep track of what you're not spending. Withdraw in once in awhile just to stare at it, then hand it right back to the teller (Why not, it's your money, right?) Pay your inner child to quit for you.

That's what's working for me, anyway.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.129 sec, (1)