CureZone   Log On   Join
My personal cure for sinus infections. It works!

CanDo Views: 137,240
Published: 21 y

My personal cure for sinus infections. It works!

To read the latest documentation, follow the following link:

How I fixed my sinus problems.

No more chronic sinus infections!!! After decades of swollen, stuffed-up sinuses, thick yellow gunk, and miserable infections, I finally have the condition under control. I feel great!

I have found a simple, inexpensive method of irrigation that effectively treats my sinuses and either prevents or heals my sinus infections.

*** HOW I DECIDE TO IRRIGATE ***

My sinuses first get stuffy, and then I feel like I am getting a cold. Over the next few days my sinuses start closing up, and getting more congested. I get a thick yellow discharge. This condition has either led to an infection, or continued to give me misery for long periods of time, so I start a series of ‘upside down’ irrigations, in which I flood my sinuses with a therapeutic mixture.

I've irrigated many times over the past two years. The result-------- I have not had to use antibiotics in the past two years, and I have not had an untreatable infection. Every time I feel like my sinuses might be infecting, I irrigate. The irrigation, including preparation, takes 10 to 15 minutes depending upon how long I want the mixture to seep into my sinuses. Not bad to ward off infections! Every time my sinuses start to ache, I treat them. Junk comes out, and the ache goes away.

*** HOW I GET STARTED ***

I buy a plastic saline nasal spray, for about $3, and empty it. I then fill the empty saline nasal sprayer with a pinch of baking soda, a pinch of salt, 3ml to 5ml of ‘common store bought’ 3% hydrogen peroxide and 50ml filtered water. I never exceed 5ml, of 3% peroxide, to 50ml, of filtered water, or a one to ten dilution of 3% peroxide to water AT MOST!

Mixture: 3ml to 5ml of 3% hydrogen peroxide
Pinch of baking soda.
Pinch of salt.
50ml of filtered water.

Hydrogen peroxide can be very irritating to the sinuses, so I am very careful with the mixture. When I first started experimenting with the sinus irrigation, I used more than 15ml of 3% peroxide, to 50ml of water, and it really burned my sinuses and made my sinuses close up much worse on both sides, and the discomfort lasted for several days. So I never use more than one part of peroxide to 10 parts of water.

*** HOW I IRRIGATE ***

Before each irrigation, I place a towel and a tissue nearby. To do the sinus irrigation, I kneel, and place the top front portion, of my head, down onto the floor of my shower and spray the mixture into my sinuses, which are tilted upwards.

I place the top front, of my head, down on the shower floor so that my sinuses are facing somewhat upwards, and so that I don't swallow any of the mixture, and so that the mixture soaks deep into my sinuses. The more clogged my sinuses, the longer I keep my head down on the shower floor, letting the mixture seep deep into my sinuses. I shake the mixture occasionally and make sure that I spray most of it into my "upside down" sinuses. I spray it into both nostrils. When the sinus area fills up, as I spray into one nostril it comes out the other. I keep my head ‘upside down’ on the shower floor for a few minutes after the irrigation in order for the mixture to get deep into my sinuses. I try not to breath thru my nose, especially when my sinuses are flooded. I shake my head and contort my face in order to help work the mixture into the sinuses. I don’t know how much that helps, and it probably makes me look like an idiot, but who cares-----, nobody is watching! A lot of the mixture usually foams out of my sinuses, down my forehead and onto the shower floor. A little messy. I keep my eyes closed so that it doesn't drain into my eyes. ONCE MY SINUSES SEEM TO BE FLOODED, I TRY NOT TO BREATH IN THROUGH MY NOSE. THIS IS TO AVOID SUCKING THE MIXTURE INTO THE EUSTACHIAN TUBES OF MY EARS.

After the irrigation I lift my head, while it's in the shower, and let my sinuses drain into the shower. It can look pretty bloody, foamy and nasty. I then stand up and use the tissue(s) to clean my forehead, of the foam, that seeped out of my sinuses during the irrigation. (This is not something I do in front of a girlfriend, who I am trying to impress.) I don't blow my nose for a few minutes, in order to give the mixture a little longer to do its job. After that, I blow my nose.

*** WHAT I EXPERIENCE DURING AN IRRIGATION ***

Even at 3ml peroxide to 50ml water, it can burn, or sting, somewhat. Most of the time it just burns a little. But sometimes it burns quite a bit (depending upon how sensitive my sinuses are at the time). I just grit my teeth and tolerate the stinging of my sinuses, and after a while the stinging or burning starts getting better. Sometimes the irrigation causes me to sneeze. When I have to sneeze, I lift my head up, so that I will be in a more comfortable position to sneeze. Then, I continue with the irrigation, or prepare for another irrigation if I am not able to flood my sinuses with what is left in the sprayer.

The irrigation usually produces a lot of foam, especially if I use 5ml of Peroxide. Sometimes there is a mix of blood with the foam. Subsequent irrigations might produce very little foam and a lot of bloodish water. I guess it all depends upon the condition of my sinus at the time of the irrigation.

I found that there is no additional discomfort after the irrigation is over, unless I use too much peroxide. Now that my sinuses are doing so well, 5ml of peroxide to 50ml of water hardly irritates my sinuses. The discharge is still foamy, but fairly clear. I feel great!

*** MY EXPERIENCES WITH ‘UPSIDE DOWN’ IRRIGATION ***

The Irrigation is not the most pleasant experience, but it isn't too bad, and it works for me. When I first started using this type of irrigation, I gave myself several irrigations within a day, to treat a suspected infection, or to treat very irritated, swollen, or closed sinuses. Then I would repeat the irrigations over the next few days until my sinuses seemed to be responding. Then I would skip a day or two and see if my sinuses continued to do better. The number of irrigations I use is also based on the amount of garbage that needs to be flushed from my sinuses and how my sinuses feel. If the discharge is relatively clean, and my sinuses are not too bad, I limit the number of irrigations. Relatively clean, to me, means that some of the discharge is clear and some might be yellow, but it is not too thick. If my sinuses aren’t too bad, just a couple of irrigations for one or two days seems to improve the functioning of my sinuses and takes away that ‘getting a cold’ feeling.

After a series of irrigations, it still can take a few days for the sinuses to get better, but when they do, I feel great, with wide open and calm sinuses. What a great relief to not have to use antibiotics several times a year! I can now go for months without doing an irrigation, and my sinuses feel great and so do I. I didn’t realize how bad my sinus problems were making the rest of me feel.

The first few times I did this irrigation, the discharge was real nasty, but not any longer. I am guessing that a lot of junk gets stuck up into the sinuses for a long time and that the "soaking, upside down" irrigation helps to loosen most of the junk. A while ago, my sinuses were aching. I did an irrigation, and some weird junk came out and the aching went away. I used to suffer with achy sinuses for days. Now the aching stops after only one irrigation. There is a lot of junk in the air, and the nasal hairs do not keep all the junk out. When it builds up within the sinuses, it can cause discomfort. The irrigation helps to flush it out. The irrigation really works for me!

*** WHY WAS I GETTING CONSTANT INFECTIONS ***

It is my understanding that some infections can stay dormant in the sinuses for years, becoming ‘active’ infections when certain events activate them, and then going dormant again. Antibiotics never really killed my infections, it just treated the symptoms. To me, that is why my symptoms kept returning several times a year.

I also irrigate after I am around others who have colds, as insurance against getting a cold.

I wanted to share my experiences with other sufferers. Does anyone do a similar type of irrigation, or has anyone found a more effective and less messy method? This seems safe and effective for me, but I have no idea if this type of sinus irrigation would help others, or make their conditions worse. Not being a doctor, I don’t recommend this for anyone unless they check with their doctor first.

If anyone does this type of irrigation, please post your experiences.

"To save one life is as if you have saved the world"

Thursday, December 11, 2003

Upside Down Sinus Flooding DOCUMENTATION - Revised 3/18/2005

Sign in as a new user  
Upside Down Sinus Flooding 
Health & Wellness

Peroxide Sinus Flooding created by Machaon

Table of Contents

1. Upside down Sinus flooding treatments have cured my Sinus infection problems
  2. What I have learned about this natural treatment to prevent Sinus infections.
  3. How did I decide to do a Sinus Flooding treatment? >
  4. How I prepare a Sinus flooding to prevent re-infection.
  5. How I Protect My Eustachian Tubes And Middle Ear From Damage
  6. What I Experienced During My Sinus Flooding Treatments
  7. What Does The Foaming Mean?
  8. Additional Sinus Flooding Comments.
  9. The three most important things you should do to improve Heart Failure, High Blood Pressure and Immune System Diseases.

Note 1: The Sinus flooding seems safe and effective for me, but I don’t know if it would make someone else’s health better or worse. I am not a doctor. Those who want to try this procedure should check with their doctor first.

Upside down Sinus Flooding treatments have cured my Sinus infection problems

My chronic Sinus infection ( sinusitis ) problems were cured by flooding my nasal passages with peroxide, baking soda and kosher salt after first using antibiotics to get rid of my Sinus infection. I don't believe that flooding is effective against established infection, but it is effective against the germs that cause infections.

After the antibiotics got rid of my Sinus infection, it took seven months of infrequent Sinus floodings to prevent damaging germs from re-infecting the damaged areas. This allowed my injured Nasal membranes the time to heal. When nasal membranes are healthy and no longer injured they resist infection. My years of suffering with frequent Sinus infections was over.

I am Sinus infection free and have not had a Sinus infection for about five years.

I have found a simple, inexpensive way to flood and irrigate my Nasal passages with germ killing, antiseptics. It accomplishes the following goals:

• It can kill germs, that it can reach, within my nasal passages.
  • It protects damaged nasal membranes from re-infecting, and helps to limit the areas into which germs can spread.

Note: Once the nasal membranes have healed and are healthy, they are resistant to re-infection!

• It irrigates infected mucus out of my nasal areas, including around turbinates and polyps.

My decades of sinus infections, were probably located in my nasal passages and turbinates, but not within my ‘harder to reach Ethmoid, Frontal or Maxillary sinus cavities. Even if my infections had been within my sinus cavities, Sinus floodings with peroxide would still be a powerful tool to keep bacteria from spreading.

What I have learned about this natural treatment to prevent Sinus infections.

I started posting about ‘Sinus’ flooding, on the Internet, in the 4th quarter of 2003, after two years of using Sinus floodings. Since then, as a result of feedback, and my own study, I have learned quite a bit about the effectiveness of Sinus flooding.

I feel that the flooding is most effective against germs throughout the easier to reach nasal passages, including turbinates and polyps, but least effective against germs in the difficult to reach sinus cavities.

I am not a doctor, so I can only post about my own personal experiences and interactions. I don’t know if a Sinus flooding with peroxide will help others as well as it helped me, or if it will make someone else's health worse. No one should try a Sinus flooding without first checking with their doctor.

From feedback and personal experience, the following symptoms improved due to Sinus flooding. 

I have read that antibiotics may kill a sinus infection, but they don't kill the germs that are within the infected mucus and debris. So, after a round of antibiotics, sinuses might be free from an active infection, but they are raw and damaged, AND surrounded by infected mucus and debris. As soon as the antibiotics are stopped, the nasty old germs, or new germs, are free to attack the exposed, injured sinus membranes, and the unfortunate sinus sufferer is headed for another miserable infection. In order to stop constant re-infections, the nasal or sinus membranes must be healthy and undamaged, so that they will resist bacterial, viral and fungal attacks.

How did I decide to do a Sinus Flooding treatment?

If any of the following symptoms:

These symptoms had either led to an infection, or continued to give me misery for long periods of time, so I would do a series of ‘upside down Sinus floodings’.

I've flooded my Nasal Passages about 70 times over the past five years. The result-------- I have not had to use antibiotics in the past five years. Every time I feel like my Nasal Passages might be infecting, I flood them with peroxide. The flooding, including prep, takes 15 to 20 minutes.

How I prepare a Sinus flooding to prevent re-infection

I buy a plastic 3 oz saline nasal spray for about $3. To empty, and fill again, I take the top of the sprayer between my thumb and my forefinger and firmly bend the top to the side. This lifts an edge a little bit so I can get my thumb’s fingernail underneath the lip, and twist the top off, and empty it.

I then fill up the empty saline nasal sprayer with a pinch of baking soda, a pinch of salt, and one part ‘common store bought’ 3% hydrogen peroxide and ten parts filtered water. I never exceed one part peroxide, to ten parts water! Peroxide is VERY irritating to nasal membranes. VERY! I then jam the head back down on the nasal sprayer, and make sure it fits well.

Mixture:

Hydrogen peroxide is VERY IRRITATING to the Nasal Passages, so I am VERY CAREFUL with how much peroxide I use. When I first started experimenting with the Nasal flooding, I used more than one part 3% peroxide, to ten parts water, and it really stung my Nasal Passages and made my Nasal Passages close up for several days. So I never use more than one part of peroxide to ten parts of water. NEVER!

The stinging of the peroxide seems to be worse for women. For those with sensitive Nasal areas, or those who want to start out with a milder solution, you might consider one part 3% peroxide to 40 parts water, and then increase the amount of peroxide, on subsequent floodings, as tolerated. Most of the feedback I've received from women said that one part peroxide to twenty parts water is much too strong and painful.

The Sinus Flooding process:

How I Protect My Eustachian Tubes And Middle Ear From Damage

This type of Sinus irrigation seems to be safe for me. In over 70 ‘upside down Sinus floodings’, I have not gotten any of the mixture in my Eustachian Tubes or Middle Ears. If I would try it in any other position, like on my back, I would be nervous about the mixture getting into my Eustachian Tubes. Here's why:

Someone posted that he tried the Sinus flooding on his back, in order to get the mixture deeper into other areas of his sinuses, and now has to deal with liquid in his Eustachian Tubes and middle ears. I wish him a full and speedy recovery.

In order to avoid the possibility of the peroxide mixture going into my Eustachian Tubes, and then possibly into my Middle Ears, I avoid breathing through my nose while my nasal passages are filled with liquid.

What I Experienced During My Sinus Flooding Treatments

Even diluted to one part peroxide to twenty parts water it can sting quite a bit, especially if my Nasal Passages are raw or damaged. I just grit my teeth and tolerate the stinging, and after a little while the stinging starts going away. Sometimes the flooding causes me to sneeze. When I have to sneeze, I lift my head up, so that I will be in a more comfortable position to sneeze. Then, I continue with the flooding.

The flooding used to produce a lot of foam. Sometimes there was a mix of blood with the foam. Sometimes the floodings produced very little foam and a lot of bloodish water, indicating a possible infection. Currently I get small amounts of foam and NO blood, which indicates that my nasal areas are healthy.

There was usually no additional discomfort, after a flooding, unless I used too much peroxide. Others, though, have said that they have experienced long bouts of sneezing, or feelings like they were catching a cold for up to three days after a flooding. Now that my sinuses are doing so well, one part peroxide to ten parts water hardly irritates my Nasal Passages.

What Does The Foaming Mean?

Hydrogen Peroxide will kill many types of bacterial, viral and fungal germs, all WITHOUT foaming. Peroxide DOES NOT foam when it is killing germs. Foaming mostly happens when Hydrogen Peroxide comes into contact with injuries, saliva or blood.

Injured human cells or blood cells, protect themselves, from the harsh peroxide, by producing an enzyme called catalase. Catalase converts the peroxide into pure, safe oxygen bubbles (the foam you see) and water, which can also kill germs.

Healthful, unbroken skin has little catalase, and usually doesn’t convert hydrogen peroxide into oxygen foam and water. That’s why you won’t see much foam if you pour peroxide on your unbroken skin.

Foaming means to me that the peroxide encountered injured areas in the Nasal Passages, indicating the possibility of infection or damaged membranes. The foaming of the pure oxygen, plus the antiseptic mixture, could then kill many germs within the injured areas. Repeated floodings would continue to help flush out the injured areas, and, over time, allow them to heal and prevent further damage from re-infection.

There are actually some germs which are resistant to hydrogen peroxide. So, hydrogen peroxide, and baking soda, might not always kill all of the harmful germs within the Nasal Passages. Also, depending on your doctor's advice, it might be a good idea to use a suitable antibiotic along with the ‘upside down Sinus flooding’.

If a flooding does not produce much foam, then it might not have been able to reach areas damaged by infection.

Additional Sinus Flooding Comments.

After seven months of infrequent floodings, I was able to go months without doing a flooding, probably because my nasal areas were healed and healthy and no longer prone to infection. What a great relief to not have to use antibiotics several times a year!

Until my Nasal Areas were totally healed the discharge continued to be somewhat thick and yellow, with some occasional blood. Now that my Nasal Areas are healthy the discharge is relatively clear. The exception is that, when I have an allergic reaction, or cold, my sinuses will still swell, and the discharge will be thick, nasty and discolored. But, it hasn't led to another infection.

The Sinus flooding seems safe and effective for me, but I don’t know if it would make someone else’s health better or worse. I am not a doctor. Those who want to try this procedure should check with their doctor first.

The three most important things you should do to improve Heart Failure, High Blood Pressure and Immune System Diseases.

After thousands of hours of research and decades of personal experience, I have found three keys to improving Heart Failure, High Blood Pressure and Immune System diseases, such as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibomyalgia.

Heart Failure, High Blood Pressure, CFS and Fibro, all get progressively worse because Immune System hormones get over-produced and attack the muscle cells of the heart and all of the other organs and glands, including the nervous system. If only there a natural way of "calming" the over-active and over-reactive immune system, then less medication would be needed, and the diseases would stabilize, and the poor sufferer would feel much better and have a higher quality of life!

Heart meds like Beta Blockers, Renin Blockers, Ace Inhibitors, Calcium Channel Blockers, Angiotensin Blockers, etc., all try to block or inhibit the over-production of immune system hormones. Drug companies have spent $billions trying to block or inhibit the over-production of immune system hormones.

I've greatly improved my health by finding natural ways to calm my Immune system! I am sure that MILLIONS of chronic disease sufferers would benefit greatly by implementing exactly what I have learned from fighting and beating heart failure, high blood pressure and my own immune disorders for 25+ years.

So..... here is what I have learned! The three most importants things you can do is: Avoid Immune System triggers (common everyday things) that cause Immune System over-reactions; eat a healthy, balanced diet; and do plenty of physically demanding exercise!

"If you save just one life, it is as if you have saved the entire world."

Site Contents 
Home
Actual Log of Sinus Flooding
UpsideDown Blood Pressure Manage
Upside Down Heart Failure Manage
UpDown Flu Mgmt with Antibiotics
Do your own ElectroAcupuncture
No more TERMITES
Member List 
Chat Room 
Links 
Help

Favorite Links
Hollywood honors Suicide Bombers
A diet which will save your life!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.172 sec, (15)