CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: you are very thorough, i like that

beej Views: 7,595
Published: 19 years ago

This is a reply to # 407,285

Re: you are very thorough, i like that

Yes, I am a believer, and want to be a good Christian.

I appreciate you taking the time to explain all of that to me. I believe that when you die you have no more thoughts and just total sleep.

John 11:11... Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.

11:14 ...Lazarus is dead.

Jesus didn't go to heaven when he died. He went after His resurrection.

John 20:17 ... for I am not yet ascended to my Father...

The story of the rich man and Lazarus was a parable and Jesus used the belief of the pagans to make a point.

2Peter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

That means you can't make a whole theology from one text.
You have to have support from other parts of the Bible. There are many things in this parable that disagree with the rest of the Bible because Jesus used Greek Mythology to make His point.

If a person has a NDE, it's because they aren't dead. If they were dead, they would not have thought.

Jesus said He will come back here to get us. All at once and that's when we have a reward.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.270 sec, (1)