CureZone   Log On   Join
Gifted and ungifted persons, please help?

Views: 2,692
Published: 18 years ago

Gifted and ungifted persons, please help?

Good day!
I don't know if this is the right place to ask such a question, tell me if you know better (links?). OK. I consider myself pretty talented (in many aspects) person. I can create music, I can paint and in high school I mainly got A-s for writing.. etc. I also like to read a lot and I know that my IQ is above average. I don't want to sound like bragging, this is just my observation.
The problem is explained in the following paragraph.
I am now at the university and in few years I'll (hopefully) have a diploma which will ensure me a good job. But my younger sister (20) *seems* to be without any gifts (ok, even my gifts are not directly related to what I study) and is already working hard as a normal worker for a minimal pay in some factory. She doesn't seem happy and it looks like she resigned herself to her fate. She's become very sarcastic and ironic. And to satisfy (I guess) her desires, she buys junk food and fancy dresses and watches TV most of the time while at home - totally opposite to me. I don't know how she will ever have any saved money to buy anything concrete. Maybe that's the majority of the world population, I don't know. As I see it, 5 years from now I'll have at least 3,4 times bigger salary. I know, I know - it's not money that matters, but it doesn't seem fair all this. How can I help her? Maybe to find out what she is "meant to be" doing in life? But how can I know if even she doesn't?
Also my roomate is about the same. And the problem here is different, sometimes he thinks he's an artistic person and I can't really applaud to his works when I do it much better. He's also "just a worker". Every one is supposed to have a special gift but is it really true? Ah.. I guess the meaning of life is different for everyone.
I hope you understand what I'm going for here. Again, it's just the way I see things, as objectively as possible. Thanks for the suggestions or comments.

(and I apologize for any incorrect senteces, spellings, etc.)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.070 sec, (1)