CureZone   Log On   Join
Image Embedded Self-Correction is Self Elevation

Views: 2,815
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 358,880

Self-Correction is Self Elevation

Self-Correction is Self Elevation

I think you’re very brave in posting your questions, and it shows you are willing to learn. I hope you take my advice as constructive criticism. My opinions come from an honest desire to help you; they come from the words you posted and the feelings I got after reading your post.

In contemporary Western society, it could be that *lazy/ underachiever* individuals suffer from one or more forms of mental illness. Trauma, Parasites, Candida, Autism, Hypothyroid, Asperger's Syndrome, Paranoia, Schizophrenia or toxicity are a major burden and challenge that can inhibit a person from 'being normal', or knowing how to live normally.

Think of the homeless, there was a time when I felt that a series of bad decisions landed them where they are-entirely their fault. That was what I told myself- my comfort zone, so that when I walked by them, they would not ruin my day. Through self correction and experiencing ill health, I developed understanding and compassion for those who are labeled the *underachievers*

Self elevation: some people surround themselves- knowingly and unknowingly, around the * underachiever / lazy* as it makes them feel superior or more important. It means feeling better about your self at the expense of others. The following is a quote that can help you understand self- elevation- and not by stepping on others.

Self-Correction is Self-Elevation

We are a peculiar race of beings. On one hand, each of us professes to be concerned with growing and self-developing while, on the other hand, none of us ever wants to be wrong. This is a paralyzing contradiction. If we are always right, or at least afraid of being wrong, what have we to learn? Couched in our hidden attitude is that we already know everything. This is a serious problem if we are at all serious in our quest for self-liberation since this Higher Freedom comes to us in direct proportion to what we are willing to learn about ourselves.

Learning is a correction process. Real correction, at any level, always purifies the matter and so leaves it less confused and thus in a higher state. Taking this beautiful idea one step further reveals to us the promise that self-elevation always follows self-correction. You may not as yet fully understand the implications of this powerful Inner Law, but it holds within it the promise of endless heights.

The whole idea of modifying ourselves, of slowly improving through time, is born out of our reluctance to be wrong. Perhaps this is why so few of us ever really learn to stop hurting ourselves. Let's take a moment and look at the difference between self-improvement and self-correction. With self-improvement we teach ourselves lessons of our choice based on what we think we need to learn in order to grow. Self-improvement teaches and confirms the process of self-addition where we acquire new knowledge, behaviors and beliefs.

With self-correction we learn for ourselves that we have been teaching ourselves incorrectly [from childhood]. Seeing this allows us to let go of our incorrect thinking. As we experience the benefits of letting go of ourself, vigorous new inner-growth then takes place as naturally as it does for a young plant that has been moved from a shadowy place out into the sunlight. A new tree cannot grow in the shadow of an old one. Learning can only take place outside the shadow of pride. Anything that resists correction is a part of what is wrong.

-- Guy Finley

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (3)