Image Embedded Miracles of Vibration Therapy, The

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
plzchuckle Views: 6,924
Published: 10 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,182,169

Miracles of Vibration Therapy, The

What do the Super Bowl XLV champion Green Bay Packers, tennis star Boris Becker, and actor Clint Eastwood all have in common? They are all
users of vibration therapy. Vibration training is a powerful, yet simple form of exercise that has proven to be more effective at
conditioning the body than any other form of exercise. Not only is it highly effective, but anybody can participate in it regardless of age
or fitness level.

Many professional athletes and sports teams are now incorporating vibration therapy into their training schedule. Vibration therapy has
shown to significantly increase muscle strength, reduce excess body fat, increase flexibility, increase bone density, and improve balance
and coordination. But the benefits don’t stop there, it also has a therapeutic effect stimulating healing and speeding recovery. Vibration
therapy can be used as a means to enhance athletic performance or as an aid to accelerate healing and overcome certain health problems.

The classic form of vibration therapy is known as rebounding or rebound exercise. Rebound exercise is simply jumping up and down on a
cushioned surface—like a trampoline. You don’t need a full sized trampoline, however, to do rebound exercise. Today there are mini-tramps
or “rebounders” available. When you jump on a rebounder,

your body is vibrating up and down, thus the term “vibration therapy.” Rebound exercise has been described as the most efficient, most
effective form of exercise ever devised by science. That’s a bold statement, but as you will soon see, it is completely accurate.

Like many other forms of exercise rebounding builds muscle strength, improves coordination, and aids in weight loss. But it’s also
therapeutic, stimulating healing, improving circulation, increasing bone density, improving digestive function, strengthening the heart,
the liver, the kidneys, the lungs, and every other organ in the body. In the process, it makes the body more resistant to disease and
degeneration and stimulates healing and recovery. It is more than just a form of exercise; it is a whole body therapy that can be used to
treat a wide variety of health problems.

“I was diagnosed with D-cell lymphoma,” says Mike. “I tried chemotherapy but did not cure me of the cancer. It was then that I began
searching for alternative methods of getting healed of cancer. I found out about rebound exercise and once I tried it, I started to feel
much better.

“I knew I had to exercise, I found exercising boring. I also knew that jogging on hard surfaces could harm my joints and bones. Having a
rebounder was fantastic because I could exercise right in my own apartment and it was so much fun! I started to enjoy it greatly. I also
found out that after I started rebounding for 20 minutes a day I could do more push-ups and pull-ups than before.

“When I started using the rebounder I couldn’t even see my feet. This was very disturbing for me. A roll of fat on a person is trouble
waiting to happen and I was very uncomfortable. Within three months I had lost 25 pounds. That was amazing to me, as if I had accomplished
a miracle.

“Since I began rebounding the cancer has stopped its progress. Rebound exercise has made a drastic improvement in my health, it’s
unbelievable!”

Mike is one of thousands of people who are
improving their health through rebound exercise. Those suffering from arthritis, varicose veins, constipation, digestive problems, excess
body weight, cancer, failing eyesight, back pain, osteoporosis, and numerous other conditions have found significant relief or improvement
through rebound exercise.

What’s so special about vibration therapy/rebounding that makes it so much better than other forms of exercise? The answer is that it is a
cellular exercise. It works by strengthening the cells and improving cellular function.

You are a cellular organism. Your skin, heart, bones, liver, kidneys, and every organ and tissues in your body is made up of cells. You are
only as healthy as your cells. If your cells are healthy, you are healthy. If they are sick, you are sick.

All illness, no matter what it is, starts at the cellular level. In other words, for disease to develop, your cells must first become
diseased. When enough cells are affected, the health of the entire organ and, consequently, the body is affected. Degeneration and death is
the accumulation of diseased and dying cells in the body. If the cells in the body, however, were able to better withstand disease causing
factors and became more efficient in their biological processes, the body, likewise, would be much more efficient and healthy. In other
words, if all the cells in your body were strong and healthy, you too would be strong and healthy.

Our bodies have an amazing ability to adapt to their environment. People live in all parts of the earth from the heights of the Andes
Mountains and the frozen Arctic to the dry hot desserts of north Africa. In each environment people have managed to adapt and survive. When
we exercise we are manipulating our immediate environment in an effort to cause our bodies to adapt and become stronger. When you lift
weights, you are adding into your environment an abnormal stress, forcing your body to adjust by building stronger muscles. Our bodies
strive toward equilibrium with our environment. If we stop exercising, we lose muscle mass as a means to conserve energy.

Vibration therapy was first developed by the Soviet space program and later studied by NASA. When astronauts went into space, the
weightless environment caused them to lose 15 percent of their muscle and bone mass in just 14 days. When they returned to earth the
astronauts’ bodies had literally wasted away. Without the constant force of gravity working on their bodies, they had less need for muscle
mass and bone strength. Their bodies responded to the change in environment by eliminating unneeded tissue. Soviet cosmonauts’ used
vibration therapy to

strengthen their bones and muscles before going into outer space. As a result, Soviet cosmonauts were able to stay in space for 400 days,
almost four times longer than American astronauts. When they returned to Earth they were able to quickly regain their former bone and
muscle mass through vibration therapy.

The common denominator of all exercise is opposition to gravity. When we do push-ups, we fight against gravity. When we lift weights, we
are working against gravity. Even running is dependent on opposition to gravity.

With vibration therapy or rebounding you oppose gravity, but you also utilize two other forces in nature. These two forces, for the most
part, have been overlooked by other exercise methods. These forces are acceleration and deceleration. When you step on
the gas pedal of your car, your body is pushed backward. That is the force of acceleration working on your body. When you step on the
brake, or the “decelerator,” your body is thrust forward. This is the force of deceleration working on the body.

At sea level the gravitational force pushing down on you is measured as 1 G. You don’t notice it because it’s a part of your normal
environment and you have adapted to it. If you have ever taken a flight on a jetliner you have experienced in increase in g-force when you
accelerated down the runway and lifted off the ground. You could feel your body sink into your seat. At this time you body is experiencing
an increased force of gravity, as much as 2 Gs or twice the amount you experience standing on the ground. If you weigh 100 pounds at 1 G,
you would literally weigh 200 pounds at 2 Gs, that’s why you sink into your seat.

The moon has a gravitational force of only one-sixth that of the Earth. A rock that weighs 100 pounds on Earth, would weigh a mere 17
pounds on the moon. The opposite is true with Jupiter. The gravitational force on Jupiter is 2.5 times that of the Earth. A 100 pound Earth
rock would weigh 250 pounds on Jupiter.

If we colonized Jupiter and you were sent to live there, you would weigh 2.5 times what you do here. Everything would be 2.5 times heavier.
It would be a never-ending course in weight lifting. Since the human body can adapt to new environments, over time you would grow stronger.
Theoretically, you could become 2.5 times stronger. If the maximum weight you could lift on Earth was 100 pounds, after living on Jupiter
for a time, when you came back to Earth you would be able to lift 250 pounds. You would have developed super strength. All the muscles of
your body would be super strong because your entire body was subjected to the increased gravitational pull of Jupiter. Your bones too,
would become denser and much stronger, as would every other organ and tissue in your body.

In rebound exercise the forces of acceleration, deceleration, and gravity are aligned and all working on your body as you accelerate and
decelerate in an up and down motion on the mat. Our bodies cannot distinguish the difference in the three forces and interprets them as
simply an increase or decrease in total gravity.

When you are standing motionless on the mat, the force on your body is 1 G. As you jump, you introduce the forces of acceleration and
deceleration. These forces increase and decrease the gravitational pull on your body. When you jump, your body moves up into the air.
Deceleration slows down your body until you stop going up and begin to fall back down. At the top of your bounce you are momentarily at 0
G. At this point, for a fraction of a second, you are literally weightless. If a bathroom scale were attached to the bottom of your feet it
would read zero. As you accelerate downward, you hit the mat and your feet sink lower than when you are simply standing motionless on the
mat. Acceleration has increased the gravitational pull on your body, so you sink deeper into the mat. A bathroom scale on the bottom of
your feet would indicate a weight much heavier than your true weight.

The higher you jump, the greater the g-force exerted on your body. A force of 2 Gs can be obtained by jumping only about 2 inches off the
mat. If you weighed 150 pounds, at the bottom of each bounce you would literally weigh 300 pounds! You can reach a g-force of about 3 on a
good rebounder, making a 150 pound person weigh 450 pounds with each bounce. This weight would be distributed over your entire body from
head to toe. The average person usually experiences a g-force of between 2 to 2.5 when rebounding. This is nearly the same as if you were
in the gravitational environment of Jupiter.

Our cells respond to this increase in gravity. NASA scientists found that when astronauts were subjected to a force of 3 Gs once a day in a
laboratory centrifuge, after just three days their cell membranes became fifty percent stronger than normal.

When you jump on a rebounder, your entire body is subjected to an increase in total gravitational force. Consequently your cells adjust by
becoming stronger. Stronger cells means stronger tissues. This includes not only the muscle tissues in your legs and feet but also in your
stomach, arms, and chest as well as the muscles of digestion and elimination, your bones, skin, connective tissues, and all vital organs.
Even the cells of your eyes are strengthened by rebounding. Every muscle, every tissue in your entire body is subjected to this increase in
gravity and responds by becoming stronger.

Rebounding is the only exercise that can strengthen internal organs. No other exercise can make that claim. If you want to strengthen the
liver and make this organ more effective and better able to resist disease, rebound exercise is what you need. If you want to strengthen
the colon, rebound exercise is necessary. Rebounding will strengthen and improve the efficiency of the kidneys, heart, blood vessels,
bones, and every other organ in your body.

The stronger the cells become, the better able they are to withstand stress and the more efficiently they are able to function. Weak cells
are more vulnerable to disease. This is why rebounding can help prevent disease and deterioration as well as reverse the effects of these
conditions if they are already present. People who are troubled with weak and diseased cells, can strengthen them through rebounding, and
in so doing regain much of their health.

Although rebound exercise looks easy, it provides an excellent full body workout. Rebounding can be gentle enough for those with serious
health problems, yet intense enough for professional athletes. The reason for this is that each person determines the intensity of the
workout by how hard and how vigorous he or she bounces. The bounce doesn’t have to be high to provide benefit. Your feet don’t even need to
leave the mat. Even people who need assistance to walk can, with the aid of a specially designed stabilizing bar, get on the rebounder and
jump, strengthening the legs and improving health. Many Arthritis sufferers have regained the use of their legs through rebound exercise.

Because the cushioned surface of the rebounder absorbs nearly 90 percent of the impact, rebounding is very gentle on the joints and
connective tissues. There is much less chance of injury in rebounding than there is

Rebounder with stabilizing bar.

with jogging, aerobics, and even brisk walking. In terms of health benefits, NASA scientists have shown that rebound exercise is 68 percent
more effective than jogging, yet it is no more strenuous than walking. You get more exercise in less time and with less effort with a much
reduced risk of injury.

In conventional forms of exercise only a few muscles are used at a time. For example, when doing curls with a barbell it’s the biceps that
get a workout. Muscles elsewhere don’t benefit. Typically, you would lift the bar to your chest about 10 times, rest and repeat two more
times. Then you would work on another muscle or muscle group in the same fashion. Each muscle experiences about 30 reps during the workout.
A full body workout takes 1-2 hours.

Vibration therapy is the only form of exercise that affects all of the muscles in the body at the same time. With each bounce, every muscle
in your body—the muscles in your fingers, ankles, back, neck, shoulders, abdomen—contracts and relaxes, just as if you were lifting a
weight. Your muscles don’t know the difference between lifting a weight or vibrating. You can do about 100 bounces in 1 minute. That’s 100
reps per minute. If you rebound for just five minutes, you have worked each muscle in your body a total of 500 times or repetitions. In 15
minutes you have done 1,500 reps! And this is for your entire body including internal organs, not just one muscle. You get a full body
workout in just a few minutes.

Another form of vibration therapy that is becoming popular in health clubs and gyms is known as whole body vibration. Fitness
trainers like to call it acceleration training. This form of exercise requires a special vibration machine. The participant stands
on the platform which bounces up and down and even back and forth at a high rate of speed. These machines vibrate at about 5-40 times a
second, much faster than a conventional rebounder. However, the height of each “bounce” is only a few centimeters, so the increase in
g-force is probably in the range of 1.2-1.4 Gs, much less than you would get on a rebounder. Many professional athletes and sports teams
are incorporating acceleration therapy in their training.

Rebound To Better Health Audio CD

by Dr. Bruce Fife

Rebounders

are
now available from Piccadilly Books, Ltd.

click here

Just standing on the vibrating base gives all the muscles in the body a workout. Generally, simple stretching moves or poses are done while
standing or sitting on the moving platform. This exercise is suitable for anyone at any fitness level. Intensity of the exercise is
determined by the rate of vibration and the difficulty of the person’s position on the platform.

Vibration machines are expensive, running into the thousands of dollars. A top quality machine can cost up to $10,000. However, with
membership in a good health club you could have access to this type of equipment.

Rebounders range from about $30 to $300 or more. So they are affordable to have in the home. I don’t recommend the cheap ones. They have a
tendency to break or tear easily. The springs are usually cheap and way too stiff, causing jarring with each bounce putting excessive
stress on the feet, ankles, and spine. For best results, I recommend the best quality rebounder you can find, one with a soft bounce and a
guarantee on workmanship. A good quality rebounder can last for many years.

If you are serious about improving your health, you should consider vibration therapy as a part of your wellness program. ■

The Benefits of Exercise are Many

Regular exercise has many benefits. It can:

● Strengthen the heart and cardiovascular system

● Improve circulation

● Improve immune function

● Increase endurance and energy levels

● Lower blood pressure

● Improve muscle tone and strength

● Improve balance and joint flexibility

● Strengthen bones

● Help reduce body fat and maintain a healthy weight

● Help reduce stress, anxiety, and depression

● Boost self-esteem and confidence

● Improve sleep

● Improve feeling of well-being

Strenuous exercise is not necessary in order to obtain these benefits. Studies have shown (see below) that moderate to light exercise of
about three hours a week can improve health dramatically over those people who exercise less or not at all.

Study Shows Exercise Prolongs Life

Postmenopausal women who engage in moderate physical activity more than four times a week may reduce their risk of death by more than
one-third compared to their sedentary counterparts, according to results of the Iowa Women’s Health Study.

“Moderate” physical activity in this study included bowling, golfing, gardening, and taking long walks. The University of Minnesota
researchers tracked more than 40,000 postmenopausal women between the ages of 55 and 69 for seven years. They found that exercising even as
little as once a week lowered risk of death by 24 percent during the course of the study. Vigorous activity, such as jogging, swimming,
aerobics, or racquet sports, afforded the most protection. Rebound exercise would also afford maximum protection. Although the study was
focused on women, it may be assumed that men, likewise, would receive similar benefit.

Source: University of Minnesota, Masonic Cancer Center.

http://www.cancer.umn.edu/research/programs/peiowa.html

Osteoporosis and Exercise

Weight-bearing exercise such as walking, rebounding, and the use of light free-weights helps protect against osteoporosis. A study at the
U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging found that women who walked at least 1 mile a day (7.5
miles/week) had greater bone density than those who walked less or not at all. Exercise also helps increase muscle mass, which in turn
helps strengthen bones.

Source: American Journal of Medicine.

http://www.amjmed.com/article/0002-9343(94)90111-2/abstract

Exercise May Extend the Life of Your DNA

As if gray hair, brittle bones and wrinkles aren’t bad enough, scientist say that as we age, the very DNA in our trillions of cells starts
to fray, unravel, and disintegrate. However, a recent study by researchers from King’s College in London indicates that we can slow down
this degenerative process through exercise.

The researchers examined the ends of DNA strands. Called telomeres, they act something like the plastic caps on shoelaces, preventing the
DNA in chromosomes from unraveling. Previous research has shown that older people have shorter ends than younger folks. Indeed, biologists
say they shrink every time a cell divides.

How, exactly, does that lead to overall decrepitude? Eventually, it stops your cells from dividing and replenishing themselves. When the
telomeres become short, then you start cutting into actual chromosomes where there are genes essential or our body and your health. To
prevent the fraying DNA in all those aging cells from seeding malignant tumors, the body turns them dormant. Your body shuts down more and
more cells every day and you degenerate or become old.

This study used data from more than 2,400 sets of fraternal and identical twins. Among these, the exercising twins had longer telomeres
than their more sedentary siblings. Heavy exercisers had relatively long telomeres—comparable to those of couch potatoes 10 years younger.
Heavy exercisers were defined as those who put in more than three hours a week running, cycling, pumping iron, or other vigorous activity.
Sedentary twins put in less than 16 minutes a week on average. ■

Source: Cherkas, L.F., et al. The association between physical activity in leisure time and leukocyte telomere length. Arch Intern Med
2008;168:154-158.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.375 sec, (15)