CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Dry fasting (sorry in advance)

afflicted Views: 7,969
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,774,956

Re: Dry fasting (sorry in advance)

I personally used to know an old man who said that his friend (for religious reasons) successfully dry fasted for 40 days. He said his friend reported having kidney trouble because of the fast and went to the hospital over it. Who knows if he really had kidney damage or if fasting just made his kidneys hurt. I do know that dry fasting for 4 days once gave me severe lower back pain that made me give up. I get a little back pain on Water Fasts too, but the symptoms during a dry fast can be a hell of lot more intense. I suppose you could go ahead and dry fast until you get really bad lower back pain, then slow down by drinking some water.

Another thing I have thought about, is that in the old world it's quite possible that, strictly speaking, the word "fasting" (or whatever word was used to describe fasting in ancient languages) generally meant no food and no water. Water Fasting websites like to quote religious texts and other historical records that refer to fasting for 40 days, or six weeks, etc., and they use these accounts to promote water fasting. Then when discussing dry fasting, they insist that going without water for this long is impossible (and where's the proof?). Ironically, some of these historical accounts to which they are referring are actually talking about dry fasting.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.150 sec, (1)