CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Maybe this will clear things up a bit

johng Views: 3,212
Published: 14 y

This is a reply to # 1,690,982

Re: Maybe this will clear things up a bit

DQ- I think the study actually says more. It points out that d(3) suppresses parts of the immune system. An extremely important point. In light of this suppression, the author questions whether, in the body, supplementing with vit d is a good might actually backfire. He then goes on to note that all the studies hyping vit d supplements as being effective against pathogens are not well designed and don't actually support the conclusion. fairly noteable.

cutting to the chase, I think the overlooked point that must be considered is that the perceived vit d deficiency that is touted daily in the newspapers suspicious. first, there are some studies that suggest that vit d levels vary genetically... that the standard set by mainstream medicine is not accurate, natural or even meaningful. I will dig those out later. the second issue is that, assuming that vitamin d blood levels are actually lower now than 1000 years ago, which is suspect, the low levels might just be the result of disease, not the cause of disease. a very important point that is consistently ignored. the issue here is that supplementing with vit d will not correct disease, and in fact, may make it worse.

these issues deserve attention, and should not be shoved aside by popping pills, while we merrily go on our way ignoring what really is necessary to be healthy. I think we all agree on that.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.141 sec, (1)