CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Vitamin D appears to be 800% more effective than vaccines at preventing influenza

New lower prices!
Hulda Clark Cleanses

New lower prices!
Hulda Clark Cleanses

johng Views: 3,363
Published: 14 y

This is a reply to # 1,690,755

Re: Vitamin D appears to be 800% more effective than vaccines at preventing influenza

DQ- there is no end to the number of studies I could post that show that vit d(3) is immunosuppressive. suprised that you even want to go there... whether you think that is a good thing or bad thing (immunosuppression) depends entirely upon your point of view. I am trying to rebuild my immune system, not suppress it. I believe that that an "overactive" immune system is not deranged, just trying to kill something that needs to be killed but can't quite be reached. turning off the immune system by taking d(3) to feel better is not a good idea... in my humble opinion:

1994 Feb;42(2):163-72.

[Vitamin D and the immune system]
[Article in French]

Thomasset M.

Inserm U 120, Alliée CNRS, Hôpital Robert Debré, Paris, France.

Abstract
There is now increasing evidence that the hormonal form of vitamin D, 1,25(OH)2D3, is involved in the regulation of the immune system. Local production of the hormone in various infectious diseases can benefit the immune environment. 1,25(OH)2D3 exerts most of its actions only after it has bound to its specific nuclear receptor. These receptors are present in monocytes and activated lymphocytes. The hormone inhibits lymphocyte proliferation and immunoglobulin production in a dose-dependent fashion. It also blocks the accumulation of the mRNAs for IL-2, IFN-gamma and GM-CSF. It interferes with T helper cell (Th) function, reducing Th-induction of immunoglobulin production by B-cells and inhibits the passive transfer of cellular immunity by Th in vivo. The steroid hormone promotes suppressor cell activity and inhibits the generation of cytotoxic and NK cells. The expression of Class II antigen by lymphocytes and monocytes is also affected. In vivo, 1,25(OH)2D3 is particularly effective in preventing auto-immune diseases such as experimental auto-immune encephalomyelitis, murine lupus, and diabetes in NOD mice. Synthetic analogues of vitamin D3 that bind to receptors but have no hypercalcemic effect in vivo have recently been developed for therapeutic use.

1995 Jun;53(1-6):599-602.

Immunomodulatory actions of 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3.
Lemire JM.

Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093-0609, USA.

Abstract
The sterol, 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 (1,25(OH)2D3), has immunosuppressive activity. The hormone inhibits the production of lymphokines (IL-2, IFN-gamma) and monocyte-derived cytokine (IL-12) leading to inhibition of helper T cell subset type 1 (Th1). When given in vivo, the hormone prevents the development of spontaneous and induced models of autoimmunity. Analogs of 1,25(OH)2D3, with reduced hypercalcemic effects, display an enhanced activity in autoimmunity compared to the sterol and prolong graft survival in experimental transplantation. This paper reviews our understanding of the cellular actions of the hormone and the therapeutic application of 1,25(OH)2D3 and analogs in autoimmunity and transplantation.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (2)