CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Was it rape?

StratRebel Views: 4,220
Published: 16 y

This is a reply to # 1,320,934

Re: Was it rape?

"Alcohol makes people do things they normally wouldn't. It impairs higher reasoning abilities/communication and allows animal instincts to come to the fore. You could chalk it up to him being drunk or maybe its part of a larger pattern"

I agree with most of what you said EXCEPT this. I have a very distinct view against the quoted statement. Alcohol is NEVER an excuse for ANYTHING. Alcohol does not MAKE you do anything. All it does is lower brain safeguards against you doing stupid things, but you still know at the time right from wrong. NEVER "chalk up" something to being drunk. Being drunk in the first place was a choice, and is never an excuse for your actions.

Now, for the original question. I would agree with the first response, by the definition it was rape. How you proceed about it is completely up to you. Did it affect how you see him? Did it influence the relationship? Would he ever do it again? If the answer is yes to any of those, I would give some deep thought to whether you are where you are supposed to be.

If you truly love someone, you would NEVER do anything to intentionally hurt them. Alcohol or not.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.172 sec, (1)