CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Honest opinions - Olfactory Reference Syndrome

pungentpariah Views: 12,512
Published: 16 y

This is a reply to # 1,292,913

Re: Honest opinions - Olfactory Reference Syndrome

I am certain it is. It would follow naturally considering the rest of the obsessive/compulsive tics and quirks I've had since a young child. I've managed to work through the ones that were overly distracting or disruptive; the rest are more amusing than annoying, and I accept them as part of who I am.

I have observed that most all of my close friends (all possessing higher-than-average intelligence) have their own peculiar set of odd behaviors. Most readily confess to (and laugh about) various OCD quirks. I'm not a psychologist by any means, but I would hazard a guess that most highly-intelligent people tend to be a little "out there" behaviorally. Ever read any of the biographies of Tesla? The man was a walking encyclopedia of OCD behaviors, but none can deny his genius.

Do note please that I recognize my tendency to assume the worst about my condition and the responses of those around me, and have made herculian effort to reign in such tendencies on my part. It's not easy, and I suppose it never will be.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.266 sec, (1)