CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Not just a rumor...

Views: 8,903
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 920,506

Re: Not just a rumor...

Statements such as "iron destroys vitamin E" are meaningless to me. Do they mean metallic iron ? Do they mean ferrous iron, or ferric iron ? Do they mean iron complexes ? Also, there are different forms of vitamin E. Does the iron in your blood destroy all the vitamin E it comes into contact with in the body ?

Iodine is NOT exclusively an oxidizer. It can also function as a reducing agent.

And just becuase the media has hyped many substances as "anti-oxidants" does not mean that it is true, with regards to all materials. Most of these people don't even know what anti-oxidant means, let alone the principles, and rules of oxidation-reduction. They read a couple internet articles and walk away thinking they know something because of some buzz words, when in fact the info is of NO value and even negative value.

Vitamin C can also function as an oxidezer. Easy to prove, just mix a few grams of powdered iron, zinc, magnesium, aluminum, etc. with some vitamin C, confine it, stick a fuze in it and light it. those who don't believe it can function as an oxidizer might try holding it in their hand when they try this. Afterwards, their new nickname might just be "lefty". Vit C will also oxideze sodamide, and literally tens of thousands of other substances.

Absolute statements annoy me, since they're misleading. those who don't have the background can't recognize it and just believe these things. The blind leading the blind, both end up in a ditch, perhaps they can fall in love in that ditch and have blind children. That is the way of Nature. No real harm done, it serves a purpose; it just annoys me.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.228 sec, (1)