CureZone   Log On   Join
thanks for your support

plasticat Views: 6,237
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 911,277

thanks for your support

Hi...

Thanks so much for your compassionate posts. I feel for you and all of your suffering as well. It is really refreshing to hear some objective words of encouragement with no insults thrown in to keep me in my place. Unfortunately, this encouragment seems increasingly rare here on curezone.

Yes, you are very much right with all that you have said. I know that there have been people that suffered worse than me but I, like you, am not comforted, encouraged, or edified by this in any way.

Thinking thalidomide babies, burn victims, or people living out of garbage cans does not help me with my condition in any way (and I'm not quite sure how it is supposed to). I guess I'm supposed to say, "At least I don't have it as bad as them." It actually just makes me focus more on the suffering in this world, which, in turn, brings me back to my concerns.

I understand where 49156 is coming from with this argument and I have heard many use this before. The problem is that this does not actually take anyone's mind away from their suffering.

It's like saying,"When your problems get you down, think of someone who has it worse. That should cheer you up!" That doesn't work.

Suffering is in the "eye of the beholder". A condition that one person suffers greatly over might not really bother another person. This, of course, does not invalidate what the former individual is going through.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.219 sec, (1)