CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: I have heard that Pat is a Freemason...

puppies4 Views: 2,780
Published: 19 y

This is a reply to # 638,879

Re: I have heard that Pat is a Freemason...

As per Pat Robertson being a Mason...
here is a link from http://www.americanatheist.com

While Robertson eschews the hard-edged rhetoric of more extreme groups like the Christian Identity church or Aryan Nations, his Christian Broadcasting Company recently took a swipe at that old bugaboo of Conspiracy paranoia, the Freemasons. On the Friday, April 24, 1998 installment of “The 700 Club,” a CBN reporter presented the second of a three-part series titled “Secret Societies, Behind the Mask of Freemasonry.”

“What goes on behind those bricked and shuttered windows? Why do men meet in private, wear costumes, and conduct ancient rituals? Why are Masonic secrets protected by violent blood oaths?”

Actually, the imagery of grown men conducting a overblown version of a pre-adolescent Boy’s Tree House (“no girls allowed”) is cause for a degree of curiosity, but I suspect that the real answers to these queries are more prosaic and less flattering than Mr. Robertson would care to believe, or indeed than most Freemasons would choose to admit. But “Behind the Mask of Freemasonry” continued on to quote a former Mason who told the audience, “The definition of a cult, as I see it, would be any organization or group of people that embraces any kind of teaching that’s contrary to historic established Christianity, according to the Word of God...”

How’s that for investigative reporting and analytical insight?

The gist of the CBN piece was that Masonry teaches a kind of universal religion that happens to tolerate faiths of the non-Christian variety. There is a fair sprinkling of twisted argument as well, like the charge: “We should note here that the very secret of Masonry makes it impossible for a good-standing Mason to explain or defend the Lodge’s practice in details.” And there’s the admission that Freemasonry has had a “tremendous influence on U.S. History,” and some of the figures I’m sure that Pat Robertson wouldn’t want to denounce in public as devil worshippers or one world government cabalists... guys like George Washington.

The CBN piece wraps up with the claim of another renegade Mason who “believes (that) the ultimate god of Freemasonry is Lucifer -- Satan himself -- not only because Satan seeks worship, but also... ‘if Satan can keep you away from knowing Christ, that’s the key...’”

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (2)