CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Shirshasana (head-stand) health risks?

ff. Views: 33,949
Published: 19 y

This is a reply to # 590,183

Re: Shirshasana (head-stand) health risks?

Everything you are saying sounds good. You don't really want to breathing so heavily or so deep it changes your posture. Breath evenly, don't try to control or grip your breath. That is the relaxation part, Observing the breath. Jerking your body with the breath is no good. So be careful with that counter-balancing. Do you ever fall out of the posture? Do you use the wall?

For the softening of the eyes, it's hard to explain. The next time you in head stand, you will know about what I am talking about. Straining, exerting too much effort. That will feel like your eyes are bulging out. Or, maybe you might feel pressure behind your eyes. Be sure to pay special attention to your ears too. I wish I could explain better. The broken blood vessels in your face is no good.

Feet should be neither pointed or flat. Press your heals up while lengthing the front of your foot and shin. Don't flex your feet. Make sence?

Take a look at Light on Yoga if you can. I can't say I know much of the books you mentioned. I'm curious. I will have to look them up. Hope that is helpful.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)