CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Shirshasana (head-stand) health risks?

daizy4 Views: 34,346
Published: 19 years ago

This is a reply to # 590,174

Re: Shirshasana (head-stand) health risks?

interesting question.....

Before, I would have quickly replied no health risks. However, a friend of mine recently had a stroke...almost died. He practiced this asana often. Now I'm not so sure.....

I am not an "expert" in yoga but he is. And one of the theories that possible caused this massive stroke was this asana. Everyone was shocked because of his apparent perfect health and pure lifestyle. The medical doctors theorized a genetic factor. He is coming along pretty well now, after a couple years of intensive physical therapy, with still some left side paralysis.

There are people on this forum with alot more expertise than me...but I wanted to share something personal....

©†ƒ……•™¼‡_Original_Message_¾€š½ž¢«»¬ï°©

interesting question.....

Before, I would have quickly replied no health risks. However, a friend of mine recently had a stroke...almost died. He practiced this asana often. Now I'm not so sure.....

I am not an "expert" in yoga but he is. And one of theories causing this massive stroke was this asana. He is a pure vegetarian as well. The medical doctors theorized a genetic factor. He is coming along pretty well now, after a couple years of intensive physical therapy, with still some left side paralysis.

There are people on this forum with alot more expertise than me...but I wanted to share something personal....

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  curezone.org

0.242 sec, (1)