CureZone   Log On   Join
Extremes

alikat Views: 2,425
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 399,286

Extremes

It seems to me that the main problem with the typical fundamentalists, is as you say R2R, an apalling lack of discernment.
The fact is that I usually see one of two extremes being carried out. Either they are picking up on every wind of doctrine and as you say, stirring up a pep rally, which leaves many gasping in bewilderment. Or on the other hand, leaders stay so firmly planted on the theology they learned at seminary, that they can't feel the Holy Spirit if He knocked them down like Saul. Many of these become the heresy hunters that we have discussed on here before, who are suspicious of anything remotely different from their doctrinal routines.
A balance seems very difficult to find, so indeed it requires every one of us to keep grounded in the Scriptures and sensitive to the guidance of the Holy Spirit. It seems to me that one of the most scriptural ways to find that delicate balance is to examine the fruits of every teaching/move/doctrine/ on a short and long term basis, and wether the fruits theselves fully line up with Scripture.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.313 sec, (1)