The food supply has over the years increased the amount of foreign meat.
The worms that identify with bruising can be very serious.
Childrens hospitals typically test and treat parasite infections.
What most sources do not say, is that there are thousands, or millions of parasite species, so they are very difficult to diagnose.
Pathologists usually are the most knowledgeable guys in the room.
I would call to verify they have parasitologists on staff, before going to the ER of any hospital.
I have never seen bruising, and I have corresponded with hundreds of people with infections.
I had over a dozen parasites, and never saw bruising.
While it is possible that the parasites are causing bruising, don't rule out the possibility there are two infections going on, one may not be parasites.
There are blood lab tests for platelets, and immune reactions, that can cause this bruising and parasite symptoms.
And of course, parasites also could cause immune reactions that enable the Bruises.
Here is what I found by doing a google search for Parasite Bruising:
Taenia solium - better known as the pork Tapeworm is known to cause bruising.
This is concerning, because this is a serious infection. I kind of doubt this one.
Texas has Chagas.
Spread by stink bugs, this one is a possibility.
Chagas Disease is transmitted through a triatomine bugís sting, or by contact between the bugís infected feces and open wounds or mucous membranes. In its chronic phase, parasites embed in tissue such as heart or digestive muscle. Symptoms include a purplish bruise, a fever lasting several weeks, headache, abdominal pain, cough, rash, diarrhea, chest pain, heart failure, and less commonly seizures or paralysis. There is no vaccine available, but insecticide treatments, bed nets, and good hygiene practices can prevent contraction.
I am sure there are others, that is why I would give your local teaching hospital the first pass on diagnosis.
The CDC also send out doctors, to assist, when requested by the hospital.
I have witnessed this personally.
I have no explanation why the rest of us, over the age of 10, or 12, do not receive such treatment.
Remember, parasites are a sensitive subject. Be calm.