CureZone   Log On   Join
The bible is not the 100% God breathed book institutionalized religion proclaims it to be.

Living in the Spirit Views: 1,428
Published: 5 y

The bible is not the 100% God breathed book institutionalized religion proclaims it to be.

The following is a dialogue with a gentleman in the comment section of a youtube video. This reaffirms comments i have made before and as well covers additional aspects of the topic. I believe that the false doctrines of the 100% God breathed bible is one of the most detrimental false teachings propagated by the institutionalized religious system and so blindly and undiscerningly accepted by multitudes of religious conformists who have misplaced their faith in this system and have confused this loyalty to mainstream religion and its popularized opinions with loyalty to the Heavenly Father. Any thoughts and comments are welcome : ).

Living in the Spirit
Living in the Spirit
1 week ago
I believe the whole idea that says an entire book must be 100% God breathed if Jesus quoted it is flawed. I believe that lots of books are partial truth and partial untruth and it's reasonable to quote the truthful parts while not sanctioning the entire book as perfect. As one example, i believe that there are many false teachings within the so called Pauline epistles, but that some of the words therein are very good. If i quote parts of these epistles, this absolutely does not mean that i trust that every word therein is 100% God breathed, inerrant, infallible and "the final authority". Please feel free to share your thoughts. God bless.

Joshua Easternhouse
Joshua Easternhouse
1 week ago
There are only 8 book penned by Paul. These 8 books are the fulfillment of the prophesy of the right hand anointed and are the true word of [O].
Romans
1 Corinthians
2 Corinthians
Galatians
Philipians
Collosians
1 Thessolonians
Philemon
No other books were truly written by Paul. The 13 others books are forgeries and are not inspired by [O]

Living in the Spirit
Living in the Spirit
1 week ago (edited)
@Joshua Easternhouse Yes i agree with you that not all of the "so called" Pauline books are written by Paul and that several of them are pseudepigrapha. This alone demonstrates that the bible is not what institutionalized religion proclaims it to be and what has been so popularly accepted by the multitudes of religious conformists. I also believe that Paul himself has some sometimes poor, confused, fleshy and false teachings mixed in with some words that are very true. As such i believe that books can be partially inspired and partially quote worthy while not being or needing to be 100% inerrant, infallible, God breathed and the final authority all as proclaimed by the institutionalized religious system. I believe every book needs to be discerned by the Holy Spirit, the true parts from the false and that the religious system that proclaims otherwise is not a trustworthy system. I believe this whole idea of the 100% perfect bible and/or canon is a major aspect of the institutionalized religious systems propaganda and lust for control. If they can proclaim they have a 100% perfect book (a claim by the way that is made by several other religions as well), they can attract more followers and they can use this book as they want, interpret it as they want, emphasize and de-emphasize what they want and thus intensify their control. As one aspect of what a mockery it is to believe in a 100% God breathed bible, the deeply corrupted Catholic church who some refer to as the whore of Babylon wants us to believe that its decision to canonize certain books and to proclaim every word within them as being 100% God breathed was an infallible decision made by their infallible counsel. Why would people distrust the whore of Babylon in so many areas, believing them to be the counterfeit church and yet so whole heartedly trust them with compiling a supposedly perfect bible? It is good dialoguing with you. God bless.

Joshua Easternhouse
Joshua Easternhouse
1 week ago
Revelation 22:19 KJV
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Revelation 20:15 KJV
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

It is an unforgivable sin to not believe every word of god

Living in the Spirit
Living in the Spirit
1 week ago (edited)
@Joshua Easternhouse A big question is which words are truly His. As a second part of this, i believe that He delights in those who seek His truth apart from institutionalized religious falsehoods and He understands that most everybody is going to get some things wrong. The multitudes of religious conformists who believe that every word in the 66 book martin Luther canon is of Him when so many of these words are not... all of these people are deceived. He knows this and forgives them. It should be noted too that Rev 20:15 is in reference to the book of revelation, not to the 66 book martin luther canon, the 73 book catholic canon, or any other canon of men. Whether the verse is true and of God or not is another issue, but even if it were true, it's not referring to the entire bible. God bless you.

Joshua Easternhouse
Joshua Easternhouse
1 week ago
If Jesus said Matthew 5:18 KJV
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Then of course the quote in revelation applies to every word of God. To take away from those books is the unforgivable sin.

Living in the Spirit
Living in the Spirit
1 week ago
@Joshua Easternhouse But you, yourself, believe that some of the books chosen as canon are not perfect God breathed books. So much comes down to what Jesus really said, what He meant, correctly interpreting it and hopefully through a translation that is not corrupted. I don't believe Jesus was referring to the Jewish law or the old testament as a whole since this deeply contradicts who He is and who He demonstrated Himself to be. I see Jesus as having corrected some of the lies of the old testament as in "you heard it said that but i say this". He can't possibly believe that it's ok for men to cheat on their wives but not for wives to cheat on their husbands and yet that is part of the jots and tittles of the book. If He said this at all, He must have been referring to every jot and tittle of God's true heart, His eternal and infinite Living Word, not any book written by men. God bless you.

Joshua Easternhouse
Joshua Easternhouse
1 week ago
Paul is very clear about what is the word of [O] and what is his own opinion. All of Paul's books are divinely inspired.

Living in the Spirit
Living in the Spirit
6 days ago (edited)
@Joshua Easternhouse I will agree to disagree with you about Paul. I believe he has been the foremost distraction from the focus being upon Jesus and His teachings, rivaled only perhaps by the distraction of the institutionalized church system itself. I believe that several teachings of Paul are confused, fleshy and false, but i also believe this is true with various other bible authors as well.

Joshua Easternhouse
Joshua Easternhouse
1 week ago
There were no lies in the old testament. The problem Jesus mentioned was that with out loving god and your neighbor those laws were necessary. But if you loved god and your neighbor then the applications of those laws needed to be changed.

Living in the Spirit
Living in the Spirit
1 week ago (edited)
@Joshua Easternhouse So you don't feel that the double standard against wives that did not apply to their husbands in the area of adultery was a false teaching in that book? Without a preconceived notion of a perfect old testament, can anybody have drawn the conclusion on their own that such a double standard was a perfect representation of God's heart? "Wives don't have sex with any man but your husband lest you be stoned to death, but husbands, go ahead and have sex with whomever you would like as long as it is not with another man's wife". Do you believe that was perfect truth and that Jesus did not want a jot or tittle from that verse to be changed? Remember that Jesus said "beware of the scribes". God bless you.

Joshua Easternhouse
Joshua Easternhouse
6 days ago
There is nothing in the new testament that forbids polygamy so polygamy is not a sin

Living in the Spirit
Living in the Spirit
6 days ago (edited)
@Joshua Easternhouse It sounds like you believe that God has established a double standard that allows husbands to have multiple wives and concubines, but where this identical behavior is strictly forbidden for the wives. I believe that God's true heart has always been one man and one woman completely faithful and committed to one another, not the multiple spouses and concubines allowed only for husbands and whereby the wives would be stoned to death for doing the exact same thing. I believe the bible contains a lot of truth and much of it resonates as such, but these kinds of double standards as well as attrocities ascribed against God's character are the reason why i don't trust these books written by men over what i feel God speaks directly into my heart. I believe that God's real truth as opposed to what is widely propagated within the institutionalized religious system is that every verse in the bible needs to be carefully discerned on its own merits and that not one of the books is 100% trustworthy including within their original form which no longer exist and all the more so after scribes have mistranslated them, sometimes imposing their doctrinal beliefs into their translations. I think you are very much on the right track by not placing 100% faith in the perfection of the martin luther canon, but i still think you are placing way too much faith in the idea that the old testament is or ever was 100% in alignment with the heart of our infinitely wise, infinitely fair minded and infinitely loving Heavenly FAther. God bless you.

Joshua Easternhouse
Joshua Easternhouse
6 days ago
Yes it is a double standard and god understands righteousness better than I do. Men and women are not equal in the sight of god but god has a equal love for both men and women. To think you can discern righteousness better than god is a blasphemy and a temptation straight from Satan. For Satan twisted the words of God for his own benefit rather than just trusting in the whole word of God. From the beginning the woman's desire will be to her husband,and He shall rule over Her.

Living in the Spirit
Living in the Spirit
6 days ago
@Joshua Easternhouse You are conflating the Living God Himself with institutionalized religion and its popularized mainstream doctrines of the bible being 100% of Him when it isn't. I do not by any means believe that i can discern righteousness better than God, rather i believe that institutionalized religion's idea and unrelenting propagation that the bible is perfectly of Him is a false teaching that multitutudes including yourself have been indoctrinated to believe. Your are trusting not in God as you imagine yourself to be doing, but rather in institutionalized religion and it's false doctrines that the bible is 100% God breathed, inerrant, infallible and the final authority. As such, you are talking as if the bible itself is your God and it seems that you are in idolatry to it, just as is true throughout most of the institutionalized religious system. The bible is partly of Him and partly not. I believe it is a blasphemy against Him and a temptation from the devil to place your faith in institutionalized religion's doctrines that a book which ascribes so many absurdities and atrocities against God's character is actually 100% His word when it isn't. If institutionalized religion didn't train you to conform to its false idea that the bible is 100% of God, then i think it's obvious that you would never have come to this conclusion on your own. I encourage you to be deeply honest with yourself before the Living God who still speaks into the hearts of His children about how deeply you have been influenced by the popularized opinions of institutionalized religion and how your beliefs have largely been shaped by this system. 

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (6)