CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: ok, we can start again.

vektek Views: 941
Published: 7 y

This is a reply to # 2,369,634

Re: ok, we can start again.

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle too Loquat and your wife's cousin. My aunt is fighting an agressive cancer right now and going through chemo treatments. It seems to never end well with those treatments but it gives me peace to know God has numbered our days regardless.

Your post here:
//www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2369562#i

Reminds me of the story of Corrie ten Boom when she was a little girl in a converstation with her father:

“Daddy,” she had said one day, “I am afraid that I will never be strong enough to be a martyr for Jesus Christ.”

“Tell me,” her father wisely responded, “when you take a train trip from Haarlem to Amsterdam, when do I give you the money for the ticket? Three weeks before?”

“No, Daddy, you give me the money for the ticket just before we get on the train.”

“That is right,” he replied, “and so it is with God’s strength.

-------------------------------------

I think it's scary for many of us to think about what we would do if and when the time comes for us to go through persecution, etc. but it's true, God gives what's needed when it's needed and not before. I think God gives us plenty of experiences to see how wimpy we all are so that we will become more and more aware of the fact that it will be his strength and grace that causes us to endure to the end and nothing from ourselves.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.250 sec, (1)