CureZone   Log On   Join
Finding relief from chronic fatigue in protein powders

overtheedge Views: 3,368
Published: 8 y

Finding relief from chronic fatigue in protein powders

So I've found another thing that works for me and just like last time I'm not quite sure why. Before this I found DGL form of licorice which ended the chronic constipation that was keeping me to one small movement every three days, now not only am I regular but I stopped needing to take the DGL to get the effects, thoughk I still do have beige colored stools and undigested vegetable matter every time i go.

I've found that I feel really good when I take protein powders, so far I have tried four different kinds and have had varying results. The one that works the best for me is a form of whey protein powder that I can simply mix into water with a spoon and drink, and there minutes later I'm feeling cheerful and replete with energy. The second best is a form of pea protein that I can't take as much of per day as the first one because it has a lot of other stuff in it as it is supposed to be a cleanse of some sort. Third is another kind of pea protein I bought that had me feeling good when I took the first dose but when I took the second dose three hours later I felt overly stuffed with whatever it is that was making me feel good, I got the same feeling when I took doses of that first whey protein that I mentioned earlier closer than four hours apart from one another. I can't really describe it beyond it just being a too muchness that cancels out the good feeling and is accompanied by a peculiar headache sort of experience though every now and then during this state i will get flashes of the good feeling I had before i overdid it. I even took a third dose of that pea protein much later in the night to make sure I wasn't going to get too much again but it did nothing for me. The fourth protein powder is a whey protein powder that did absolutely nothing for me, I even tried taking real large amounts of it far beyond what I would have taken of the other whey protein and yet I didn't even get a feeling of overload, just nothing.

N-AcetylCysteine (NAC) has worked to make me feel good and eneretic in the past but it stopped working after a week or few and would never do anything good for me after that, perhaps the nac was being used to produce glutathione for my body and the other amino acids couldn't keep up and limited glutathione production, it is also possible however that the good feeling I got from the NAC was due to it killing off some bad bugs in the gut since I had a similar experience to the NAC when I took mastic gum: a few weeks good times followed by total non function, both have been reported to be capable of killing gut bugs, maybe they did that but because my gut is in a bad way new bugs grew that were immune to these supplements.

The whey protein that didn't work for me only listed shaking and blending among the directions, whereas the other three list Stirring/shaking/blending, considering that I stirred that last whey powder in and it didn't work maybe it would have done good if I had shaken or blended it but that's too much effort for something im going to be doing several times a day for an unknown number of days, that whey protein is also the only one of my protein powders that I can't seem to find an amino acid listing for, all the others have good lists on their sides or online.

Perhaps the protein powders that work are just easily digested such that my digestive system can get the nutrients without effort, I know my digestive system is still messed up based on a recent stool analysis that showed several infections/occult blood/a number of other issues. The infections I have already taken Antibiotics for per my functional medicine doctors orders but no change was felt by me. I have heard juicing works for some because of the principle i discussed above: being easy to digest such that it creates a net gain for the body. A long time ago I read through a site by Sarah Myhil or however her name is spelled, she wrote that in patients with very messed up digestive systems she provides feeding through IV both to let the gut heal and to provide the nutrients that would otherwise not get absorbed readily enough. juicing is too much work for me, though, I might try to convince my doctor to give me IV feeding just to test and see if it would help.

These are my guesses as to why protein powders are making me feel good, any other ideas will be welcome.

The second pea protein I bought came in small packets at a health food store, this seems like the ideal way to test the protein powders to me, rather than buying a tub of the powder only to find it doesn't work just get one to four doses to sample. Does anyone know of a good place to get protein powders? I'd like to find somewhere I could get lots of packets of different stuff and test to see which ones work best before buying in quantity.

I've had an amino acid test done and Glutamic acid, Cysteine, and Glycine, the three that combine to make glutathione, were all well within the green zone. The only amino acids there weren't enough of were the Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA's) and methionine, none were too far depleted but I decided to supplement BCAA's and methionine though nothing came of it after months of trying.

Other than this discovery things havn't changed much for me. I had a salivary adrenal test done a month ago, it is strange, at 8AM cortisol is red range low, at 12PM cortisol is red range high, way high, and for the rest of the day it is in the green. My DHEA is good according to my doctor. My testosterone is low, im male, mid twenties, so this is quite unusual.

Probably won't start supplementing anything you guys recommend too soon as my doctor has me on a good deal of stuff and I want to make sure that I don't add much more to it, don't want to get well and have no idea why because there are thirty disparate medicines all having been used during the recovery. nonetheless I'd appreciate any ideas. Thoughts?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (3)