CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Finding relief from chronic fatigue in protein powders

overtheedge Views: 2,027
Published: 5 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,319,780

Re: Finding relief from chronic fatigue in protein powders

Tried methionine on its own for three months but never noticed any difference, unfortunately it has expired by now so I can't test it with the other amino acids though I'm thinkin I may get all the amino acids individually for testing to see if one is responsible for the benefit I'm getting from whey protein drinks.

My alt medicine doctors have had me on garlic and milk thistle containing products for the last few months, though, I was taking a supplement that was entirely about the milk thistle back a year ago or so. I haven't noticed anything then or now sadly, I was really hoping I would, I've long suspected my liver is sluggish.

Why not use solid whey protein? The foods that make me feel the best are usually cheese and meat containing, stool tests I've had showed undigested veggies with no undigested meat. I feel bad after eating veggies but I still make sure to get a decent bit of them though no matter how many I eat my hunger never lessens, I could eat veggies all day long and still there wouldn't be enough to reach fullness.

Not sure what to do about the undigested veggies problem, enzymes don't seem to help and stomach acid enhancers (betaine hcl) seem to cause gut burning though I'm not sure that I've been trying a low enough doses when I have been doing such testing. Didn't used to be this way, enzymes and betaine hcl got me over some pretty severe chronic constipation and possibly were responsible for getting my health to great heights at one time back before I went through enough stress to blow all that health related progress.

I tested out the glycine, glutamic acid, and NAC the other day at the same dosages as in the whey protein and got no response, i tried several times even adding glutamine one of the times but nothing happened. I also ate two different brands of whey protein bar but neither caused any difference.

I had a SIBO breath test come back positive so starting yesterday I'm on some berberine based antimicrobial supplement and feeling real good from it.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

0.797 sec, (1)