CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Traumatic Brain Injury - treatments that helped me. PART 1

Empowerment Views: 9,455
Published: 9 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,293,968

Re: Traumatic Brain Injury - treatments that helped me. PART 1

27 December 2015

BRAIN ENTRAINMENT SOUNDTRACKS

I’ve tried Holosync, LifeFlow and a few others.

I downloaded the Lifeflow demo (it runs for about 14 mins). I often play it (through headphones, or speakers) while at the computer. It helps a lot with focus and concentration.

I played it once per day for a few days, then twice a day, then three times a day (played consecutively) and so on.

Initially my brain seemed to get a real workout from simply having the soundtrack playing quietly in the background. Eventually I didn’t notice it playing, just noticed the benefits.

I built up slowly to one hour per day. One hour a day of these types of soundtracks is the limit. Any more than that tires the brain (in my experience).

Many of these soundtracks are effective only if played through headphones. The LifeFlow one, however, seems to work well, whether played through headphones or speakers.

These soundtracks play notes at certain pitches, in one ear and then the other. Stereo sound. Two channels: left channel and right channel. Left ear and right ear.

This causes the ears – and thus, the brain – to tune into each note, to listen. A note sounding in one ear and then quickly in the other seems to exercise each side of the brain; to “balance” the brain.

This in turn serves to strengthen the synapses (connecting muscles) that join the two hemispheres of the brain.

If the synapses are strengthened, messages can travel through the brain more quickly, meaning an enhanced brain function.

Well, that's the idea behind it, anyway....

Regardless of the claims made by those who sell these soundtracks, I do find them effective – for concentration, mental stamina, for stress relief and relaxation.

I have found my hand-brain co-ordination, eye-brain co-ordination and fine motor skills have improved.

I have also found that these soundtracks relax the family pets.

It has been suggested to me that these types of soundtracks, if played quietly in the background, could improve ADD/ADHD symptoms. I can't comment directly on that, as I've not tried them for that purpose.

The soundtracks can be played if there is other noise in the room, 'though I find them more effective if played in a quiet environment with little or no other noise.

I have played them quietly in a chaotic environment, to bring calm and order, and it worked.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.195 sec, (2)