CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Mastic Gum temporarily ended my CFS, why would it stop working?

overtheedge Views: 5,163
Published: 9 y

This is a reply to # 2,267,364

Re: Mastic Gum temporarily ended my CFS, why would it stop working?

Yes, I stopped testing the HCL because I was worried about damage.

Butyrate, I've tested GABA if that counts. Never heard of red tea before.

I was taking my b vitamin supplement throughout the month where i tested b12, it contains folate. I used Jarrows B12 for the test. A blood test of mine from four years ago came back showing B12 and folate levels as being within range.

Here is a list of all the things i have tried without effect:
Ashwaghanda
Schisandra
Siberian Rhodiola
holy basil
taurine
p5p
monolaurin
colostrum
pregnenolone
phenebut
vinpocetine
gaba
norwegian kelp
Adrenal Cortex Extract
probiotics

not a complete list

I supplemented with thyroid medications, T3 I think it was, I've also supplemented hydrocortisone. These were prescribed to me by an alternative doctor and were on the doctors protocol. I took them not too long before I returned to health the first time but I don't have good records to say how close it really was, somehow I think I stopped them around a month before my health improved but whatever the case I have been thinking about re-exploring those options.

I'll have to look into trace elements lab tests, and the heavy metal challenge does interest me as I had lead uncomfortably high on the first hair test falling in consecutive reports; I've read that the earliest report is the one to go with due to lead being stored over time. I had a urine test done for heavy metals through quest labs which showed no abnormalities. Beyond that I've done an elemental analysis(packed erythrocyte) through genova labs, it showed magnesium slightly high and chromium slightly low, considering that my hair tests also showed chromium slightly low I tried supplementing chromium but no obvious change occurred; on the packed erythrocyte element analysis copper manganese, potassium, selenium, vanadium, and zinc came up normal.

Nearly every CBC i have had done has come back with alkaline phosphatase low, I read up and couldn't find anything ominous about it but it is abnormal nonetheless.

H pylori and candida came up positive on a Genova labs stool test. A week of Antibiotics and nystatin which is an antifungal didn't produce any noticeable change in my state. That same test looked for other pathogenic bacteria as well as parasites with no positives. Stool acetate came up low, valerate came up high, fecal sIgA came up low, gut pH came up high, cholesterol came up high. The test states low sIgA can result from stress or malabsorption and that cholesterol being high can indicate malabsorption. A subsequent blood test for h pylori came up negative.

Not long after my last post I had some odd event with my jaw. I could hear internal grinding/clicking on the right side joint and since then my mouth has had pain at random fluctuating between different areas but mostly fixed in the lower section of the right side around this strange bump i have on the tongue side of my gums; there is no matching bump on the left side of my gums so it seems out of place. My mandible doesn't feel like it's properly connected at points and when I open my mouth wide the area above my upper molars hurts on each side. This bump though, it at one time would have fluid build up directly below it if I yawned too wide and the fluid would lock in there under my chin and cause lots of pain until the liquid would drain in a pulsing manner, the pain and fluid were localized to the right side. Had some thorough xrays done the other day to see if anything came up but nothing did. I wonder if there could be some dental infection at the core of this illness.

I've considered trying lysine, I ran an amino acid test with genova which came with lysine and arginine each being high so I've been rather reserved about trying either. Essential amino acids aren't all low as is said to often be the case with low stomach acid, however, compared to the nonessential amino acids the essentials look unusual. Among the essentials only tryptophan is in the middle, all the other ten are either on the fringes or are abnormal whereas of the nine nonessentials seven are in the healthy mid range, glutamine is slighly high and tyrosine is slightly low. I supplemented with tyrosine for a short bit but nothing happened, this is in contrast to when i supplemented with it 4 years ago, at that time tyrosine gave me some energy but eventually stopped working. Taurine is fine, arginine and threonine are high red, branched chain amino acids are slightly low and supplementation was carried out accordingly with no results. Urea is slightly low, ammonia is normal. Phosphoserine and ethanolamine are low. I read several interpretation guides for amino acid tests:

*(Detoxification) suspect impaired ammonia detoxification if: elevated glutamine with elevated arginine and low urea (impaired urea cycle) consider: STAT blood venous ammonia measurement, to confirm ammonia excess, reduce protein intake to less than 60g's per day, Alpha Ketoglutarate (1500-3000 mg/day) consider giving 3-6gm/day if confirmed NH3 toxicity.

*(Nutrient) suspect increased need for manganese if: elevated arginine, compared with ornithine (arginase dependent upon Mn)
NOTE: I tried supplemental manganese with no effect.

*(Nutrient) suspect increased need for folic acid if: elevated 3-methylhistidine
NOTE: 3-methylhistidine is slightly high(yellow range)

*3-methylhistidine. If elevated, the individual is breaking down muscle. When I see this, I ask my patient if he exercised heavily the day before having their blood drawn. Muscle breakdown is a natural result of exercise. If the individual did not exercise, and 3-methylhistidine is elevated, he is breaking down muscle. He may be protein deficient, in which case the individual begins to break down muscle to free up amino acids that need to be circulating in the blood.

*Phosphoserine, when deficient can indicate a deficiency in pryidoxal-5-phosphate (P-5-P), the active form of pyridoxine (vitamin B6). P-5-P is an essential cofactor for 13 amino acid reactions, as well as for countless enzymes systems throughout the body.
NOTE: supplemented P-5-P form of B6 with no effect.

*lysine - High - impaired metabolism of lysine. Add vitamin C, Niacin, B6, a-kg and iron to enhance utilization of lysine.

*Arginine - High - may indicate functional block in the urea cycle. Mn activates an arginase enzyme, so supp w Mn may help.

*3-methylhistidine - High - Indicates active catabolism of muscle protein which may be d/t poor antioxidant nutrion.

*High levels of threonine can cause severe liver problems and possible ammonia toxicity in the body, so taking therapeutic doses of this amino acid is not recommended to anyone who is not under a doctor’s care.

*Tyrosine Deficiency Seen In: Depression
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Gulf War Syndrome
Hypothyroidism
Parkinson's Disease
Drug addiction and dependency

*Lysine Deficiency Seen In: Herpes, Epstein-Barr Virus, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, AIDS, Anemia, Hair loss, Weight loss, irritability,
Lysine Exess Seen In: Excess of ammonia in the blood

*Cysteine/Cystine Deficiency Seen In:
Chemical Sensitivity
food allergy

I have the sources for the above information if requested

Pathogenic studies? I've had tests for HIV, CMV, and Lyme come up negative. Several versions of hepatitis came up negative but I couldn't find the actual test results to specify.

A test run seven months ago came up with high MCHC, low hematocrit, high monocyte, high total bilirubin, low alt. I didn't realize this recent test showed high bilirubin till just now, bilirubin was high on two of my tests from four-five years ago but was normal on several tests between then and seven months ago.

On the subject of wilson's disease, I'm almost certain that ceruloplasmin was tested for in urine along with other heavy metals and came up normal though I'm missing the page. Gene testing might be something I would look into though. The most recent hair test result shows calcium and magnesium yellow high, sodium green low, potassium yellow low. Copper is at 640 when the reference interval is 11-30. Zinc is 220 with a reference interval of 130-200, yellow high. phosphorous is green low, test displayed ratio of Ca/P is still high, 9.31 with a reference range of .8-8

Looking back over test results I came across a gene mutation for an enzyme that creates circulating folate and keeps homocysteine in check, it is a single mutation, two mutations would predispose me significantly moreso according to the results. Have never had homocysteine checked.

Beyond that I have constant visual static which has been in place since over a decade ago, my sight is constantly filled with floaters and there are flashes occasionally; eye exams have all been uneventful. Anxiety, paranoia, and exaggerated responses to stresses have occurred.

Lots of oddities

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (5)