CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Do what I did - jump to the higher doses! (My experience thus far...)

Violien Views: 8,137
Published: 11 y

This is a reply to # 2,109,267

Re: Do what I did - jump to the higher doses! (My experience thus far...)

"Violien - I've enjoyed reading your journey. I'm hoping to put this insulin resistance thing behind me. How long did it take you while on iodine?"

Actually, it is quite recent. I noticed that I can tolerate carbs again. I used to get hungrier the more carbs I ate.

When you're insulin resistant, it's really the cells in your body that are insulin resistant: there is insulin present in the blood, but your cells don't react to it by using it up, lowering your blood Sugar level as they do. (Insulin is used by healthy cells to take up Sugar from the blood.)

Since the insulin isn't used to lower the blood sugar, you're left with high blood Sugar and also high insulin. Very unhealthy.

The body tries to fix this by making even more insulin, and more, and more. Until the level of insulin is high enough so that your cells start taking up the sugar. Now, because of the high insulin levels, your blood sugar drops like crazy, leaving you very hungry for more.

If you don't fix this, you're going to exhaust your insulin gland (pancreas) and become diabetic. You fix this by stop eating so much carbs and giving your insulin glands a rest.

I had already been giving my insulin glands a rest for about 10 years before starting iodine. My metabolism was so broken that "just" eating low carb wasn't enough to fix my glands: I needed iodine. The fact that the effect is quite recent may also be a result from the 5 gram Iodide per day, hadn't realised that before.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.188 sec, (1)