CureZone   Log On   Join
No, you're not. =)

just_peachy Views: 2,614
Published: 21 y

This is a reply to # 20,892

No, you're not. =)

Canibor

No, you're not insane. =) I suffered from severe Depression for a major chunk of my life. Had all the clinical work done, got the pills (all of which I threw away after a few weeks, couldn't stand the way they all made me feel), always noticed the negative. Can't say I'm completely *cured* because occasionally I still can fall into that old funk (old habits die hard) but I can tell you what has helped me Tremendously in getting past depression, in keeping it at bay and in loving and enjoying LIFE again.

* Improving diet - more fresh veggies and fruits, more whole grains, a LOT of fresh pure water, avoiding or elimating all processed chemicals, additives, and hydrogenated 'fake' fats (some side-effects of that chemical soup can include mental fog and depression.)

* Stopped drinking alcohol. Alcohol is a depressant, it really doesn't help. In the long run, it either slows down getting better or can downright stop it. Best to avoid if depressed.

* Getting outside around nature - feel the wind, or the rain, or the sun, smell the air, feel the grass or the snow under your feet, hear the birds and the bugs or the wind through the branches - helps to realize that "LIFE" is more than just our own selves and our own problems.

* Getting involved with other people - helping out those with problems (nothing helps make our problems seem smaller than actually helping other people, it helps remind us that none of us are perfect and we all have problems and down times - sometimes their problems absolutely dwarf ours.)

* Realizing that EVERY thing we do in life is a choice - choosing to look for the bright or humorous side - searching hard for it if necessary.

* Realizing that all those images in magazines and movies are airbrushed idealistic dreams with thousand dollar makeup jobs (yes, even the guys.)

* Focusing on the positives in life, my own, the world in general - not allowing myself to dwell on the negatives.

* Focusing on my positve qualities, working on finding the positive in the negative qualities and turning them around.

* Letting other people in, not being so afraid of being 'hurt' by them, talking and Listening to them - hard at first, but easier over time and after making some of the other changes.

* Stopping judging myself so much!! And stopped *comparing* myself to other people! So, I'm not perfect (far, FAR from it!), I've made and still and will make mistakes - some Really BIG ones - we ALL do, it's just a learning experience, nothing more.

* Learned to accept myself, where I am and who I am, just as I am. So I'm not a super rich 20 yr old model, so what? I'm precisely who I'm supposed to be and I'm the *best* ME there is even if I do mess up frequently. Nobody else could be ME better, just like I couldn't be anyone else But me - no matter how hard I tried for so many years. Yes, there is always room for improvement - it's called growth and I'm learning more and growing more a little everyday, but I'm still just me, warts and all, and that is just fine.

* Stopped sitting in judgment of other people (still working on it, but getting easier everyday.) If I *know* I'm not perfect, what gives me the right to sit in judgment of *anyone* else?? We all are who we are, learning, stumbling, growing. And we're all in this together.

* Being grateful, thankful for everything. Yes, the positive as well as the negative. The positives are fabulous, but I've learned and grown a lot because of the negatives. I'm thankful and grateful for both. (Ok, so, at times I'm still *more* grateful for the positive stuff, but I'm still only human! lol) Change doesn't normally come about because everything is going so wonderfully, change usually comes about because we get sick and tired of the situation.

A few other things that helped - may sound different at first, but they DO help - a LOT:

* Talk (mentally, inside my mind) to myself whenever those dark negative thoughts come in - I speak to myself in much the same way and tone I'd speak to a headstrong child who wants to play with the stove. We know the stove is hot and is not good for the child just as we know the negative spiraling thoughts are destructive and not good for us. (Takes some practice, but it does work, just don't start arguing with yourself out loud! lol)

* Start some of the cleanses here at CureZone, *especially* the Bowel Cleanse and Liver Flush!!! Seriously, they are a MAJOR help! Many more ancient medicines, especially Chinese medicine, view the bowels and the liver as places we 'hold on to' old habits and old emotions. When cleaning them out for just our bodily health, it is amazing the emotional release that comes along with the process. Read their forums for the real-life stories of people who have experienced *precisely* that wonderful phenomenon. And even if it doesn't work instantaneously for you (and for *many* it is NOT instantaneous but a slow and steady progress), with each cleanse your body is getting healthier. You and your daughter deserve that. But I still believe that as your body gets healthier, you'll notice your mind getting clearer and feeling better as well.

Hey, it worked for me! And I'm just one of thousands who've experienced it.

One more area, but it's a very personal one, so don't feel discouraged if you feel you don't want it or aren't ready for it or that it's nobody's business but your own. Perfectly fine to feel that way:

* Another thing that has helped me is developing a spiritual foundation based on my *own* interpretation of what that means - not anyone else's. And no, I don't mean a religious aspect, just a spiritual one - everyone is different and everyone has their own beliefs in that matter. My husband and sons are all happily agnostic and it works for them. (I'll spare you the more philosophical and spiritual ramblings - check the Consciousness and Awareness or Spirituality or similar forums if you're interested in hearing more of that vein.)

You are not alone, and you are not insane. You are a wonderful person in your own right with your own precious gifts to give. Glad to meet you, Rob. =)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (3)