CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Anxiety, depression, and more. I feel terrible.

Cleanse the Liver in 9 Days
Feel great again!

purplepixie Views: 8,522
Published: 11 y

This is a reply to # 2,087,992

Re: Anxiety, depression, and more. I feel terrible.

Yasko says the gene sequence doesn't change but gene expression is changeable (from her book Autism: pathways to recovery):

http://www.dramyyasko.com/resources/autism-pathways-to-recovery/chapter-2/:

"DNA Silencing

Methylation is critical to what we call “gene expression.” Although your genes never change, they can be active or inactive, as we saw earlier in this chapter. The body turns on (expresses) a gene, or turns off (silences) a gene. Whether it’s preferable for the body to either express or silence a gene depends on its role.

How does this work? To regulate our DNA, to help to turn it on and off, the body adds methyl groups to the DNA strands. If you think of your DNA as a charm bracelet, it’s as if the methyl groups are hanging off the bracelet at different points. Wherever there is a methyl group on the bracelet, those genes will be silent, and wherever the methyl group is removed, those genes will be expressed. A lack of proper methylation means that DNA that should be quiet can be expressed, and this may cause specific changes in the body. For example, many children change hair color as they grow older. A child with blonde hair may change into a brunette. This is because the gene for brown hair, which was switched off, becomes switched on. Lactose intolerance is another example. You may be able to easily digest milk as a child, but once your gene for lactase, the enzyme for digesting milk, is switched off, you no longer can.

Of course, gene expression or silencing can have far more significant consequences than hair color or lactose intolerance. Take the measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine as an example. When viruses (such as those contained in this vaccine) are inserted into your genome, it’s not healthy for those viruses to be “turned on” and become active. However, without adequate methylation, that’s exactly what can happen. Unless you have adequate methyl groups that attach themselves to the viruses to silence them, they can become active."

Like i said Craig - i plan to re-test these significant genes once i've been on this protocol for 18-24 months and evaluate any gene changes on any level.

It's a route i would recommend to complement any other health regimen. It does take a bit of 'head' work to figure it out oneself without a practitioner, but as information on the net grows, it'll be easier for everyone to bypass expenses of a practitioner. If i had the money i would use a practitioner. Brain fog and learning nutrigenomics isn't a match made in heaven ;-) But if i can do it, anyone else can, if they make the time to learn.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.234 sec, (2)